Stick a fork in me cuz I'm done!

tiredmommy

I have managed to catch yet another cold... congestion including ear pain, low grade fever, tiredness, sore throat and mild body aches.

I have caught a new cold approximately every two weeks since the weekend before Christmas. I'm actually going to the doctor tomorrow.

Grrr. I hate doctor appointments. :devil:

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry you feel so bad. I hope it is not a secondary infection that just doesn't go away. Strep is going around - hope it isn't that!

Chicken soup, hot lemonade with a shot of whiskey, and lots of naps!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Aww...Tm, that stinks. Have them check out walking pneomnia. (I know I spelled that wrong.) It's a stinker. You feel just good enough to go to work, etc., but inside you are going down.

Hugs, dear, and I hope you feel better.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ditto what Abbey said. Sorry you've got yet another bug. I swear I didn't pass it to you. (I'm finally getting over mine)

Take good care of yourself.

(((hugs)))

F

flutterbee

I think you've mentioned joint pain in the past? I'd ask for an ANA to be done. If by chance you have something autoimmune, you're more prone to illness. It's a simple blood test. Better safe than sorry.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
TM,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so poorly. I went to the GP the other morning - on top of all else I have an inner ear infection in both ears & strep throat.

Glad you're getting into see your doctor. It's been a bad winter for the crud. Hope there's not more going on.

busywend

I am sorry to hear this TM. What a major bummer. I hope you are on your way to feeling great soon! I hope the doctor figures something out that is treatable so you can feel better.

tiredmommy

Thanks Ladies... I'm just concerned that I've picked up a sinus infection because the congestion hasn't cleared completely between each cold. Heather, I had an ANA last spring... it was normal.

Steely

HUGS.........
So sorry.
Definitely have them do some bloodwork just to make sure you are not anemic or something.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
DRUGS! THIS WOMAN NEEDS DRUGS, NOW! :ill:

Hope that if it's an infection they give you something to knock it down quickly!

TerryJ2

Ohhh, so sorry, TM. You could be right about an ongoing infection. It could be wearing you down, and then your immune system can't fight new infections.
Take care of yourself.

rejectedmom

TM, I'm sorry to hear that you are under the weather again. I was very sick from TG to Christmas. It totally *****. I now use the Airborne (I hope it is OK to say that if not moderators can change post) and have managed to stay healthy even though the grandkids have exposedme to all kinds of stuff. -RM

tiredmommy

Thanks again ladies. Dr feels that I have an ongoing sinus infection that has worn me down. He hopes I'll begin to bounce back by the weekend. I'll be starting 1000mg Biaxin XL for the next 10 days.

I see lots of probiotics in my diet for the near term future!

F

flutterbee

I hope the medications work and that you feel better soon!

I mentioned the ANA because getting sick like you have been is how a friend of mine ended up finding out she has lupus. I'm glad yours was negative.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(covers mouth and talks to TM through the glass) whilst wearing gloves, mask and paper gown. :doctor:

I'm terribly sorry you are sick. DF is on his 3rd round of antibiotics for this same symptoms and this time he got Levaquin. Sadly? It did NOT work - again.

I sure hope Biaxxin works for you! Feel better - :nurse:

backs away spraying Lysol and waving ttfn.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I hope you feel better too, TM. In the meantime, I'm still giggling over the title to your post.

Maybe you need a spork instead of a fork? ;)

Take care.

Suz

TerryJ2

I've never heard of that medication. Let us know how well it works.
Probiotics are great, expecially after you've been on antibiotics. Way To Go!