Still no luck returning the new stray

donna723

Not that either are open now till Monday but you might take some flyers to any vets in the area and the animal shelters in case someone comes in looking for their dog. Who knows ... he may have a nice family somewhere who has been looking for him! Sometimes they can travel pretty far from home.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I took him for a walk in the neighborhood behind us. There is a lady that lives there who is familiar with the dogs in our area. She didn't recognize him but one of HER neighbors works for the shelter here. We went over there and she is going to check their lists and see if anyone has reported missing him.

Poor little guy. I'm going to go get him a harness type collar. He's just got a choker now and when I walk him he nearly chokes himself to death.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hi--

The dog certainly looks to be in good shape. He also looks to be a hunting variety of some sort. Any hunt clubs/groups/organizations in your area? I know that we always have hunting groups coming through here with their dogs....perhaps he got separated from his group?

Good luck finding his owners...

--DaisyF

mstang67chic

Going Green
HUSH!!!! :tongue:

We are NOT keeping him. He's a sweet dog, yes, but is in need of a lot of training. Hubs and I average 45-50 hours a week at work and just don't have the time to give him the attention he really needs.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww, Stang...can he fit in a FedEx box? Will he eat my parrots? (That might be a plus on certain days.)

He's adorable. I want a dog so bad. I know when I was in Vegas I slept with stinky old Rockstar than on the couch. And, he snores. But, he lets me dress him up and mess with him. Gee...that sounds one step above a man. (sorry, just being sarcastic, I think)

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
He's adorable. Not Jack Russell.....but his breed looks familiar to me, just can't get the name to come to me right now. It's a certain breed of terrior.

Definately a high energy dog though. I hope you can find his family soon. Poor guy.

jbrain

I don't even particularly like dogs (I am a cat person, through and through) but he sure looks sweet and cute (and needy)! Hope you find his owners soon or someone else who will give him a home.
Jane

DammitJanet

Are you thinking Fiest Daisy? He kinda looks like one of them. He is definitely a squirrel dog that is for sure. Shari...dont you need one? LOL.

donna723

Janet, that's what I was thinking too, but I wasn't sure if anyone not from the South would even know what a Fiest was!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That's it Janet!! He is certainly a cutie. Glad I'm handling my own strays. lol

*There's no room at this inn* ;)

My kitty strays got a special treat for Easter......roasted chicken, a whole paper plate full. No one was eating the left overs and I hate to see them go to waste.

KTMom91

I still think he looks like a Jack. Mine also has a long tail. His behavior sounds like one that hasn't been trained or socialized. We adopted Buddy from the shelter when he was about 9 months old, and I spent lots of time with him, took him to obedience classes (and we failed leash walking), but it took quite a while to get him to be the wonderful little guy he is now.

rejectedmom

Here is some info on the Feist AKA Rat terrier. They can have short or long tails or cropped tails.

Named by the perceptive Teddy Roosevelt, the Rat Terriers were developed in Great Britain originally from Smooth Fox Terriers and Manchester Terriers in 1820. They were brought to the USA in the 1890's. At that time they were all their original color of black and tan. Life Magazine showed President Roosevelt with three black and tan Rat Terriers. American breeders crossed them again with the Smooth Fox Terrier as well as the Beagle and Whippet. The Beagle increased bulk, trailing and hunting ability, along with the red color. Whippet contributed the speed and agility and probably the blue and brindle colors. The smallest variety was derived from the Smooth Fox Terrier and Chihuahua. The Rat Terrier proved to be one of the best in the rat-baiting pits. One Rat Terrier is reported to have killed over 2,501 rats in a span of only seven hours in a rat infested barn. The Rat Terrier is a hard-working farm hand, able to rid an infested barn of vermin with no problem.
RatTerrierMax.jpg

Star*

call 911........call 911
TOY FOX TERRIER -

sorry - google toy fox terrier - it's a ringer!

So how's YOUR dog? lol

Auntie Stang?

Iz Pooties here. Wisten - I called my BFF Cwoe and she sez she no wikes dis Fox dog. He noys hewr. I sed to hers "Tell him go homes" and he sez to her "I got no home my peeples frowd me outs. Day not nices peoples as youwr Mom and Dad."

Den boy dog sez he trying to lub up on yer son and Cwoe says she no wikes that eiffer - dats her boy. Maybe you shud takes crazy boy dog to the aminal shellters and wets him findz a home fer himsef.

Jus' sayin' koz me and Cwoe talked.
Wub
Pooties

mstang67chic

Going Green
Pootie,

Wow, you really DID talk to Cloe didn't you?! Don't worry about Cloe, she'll be fine. We are not keeping the boy (I really have to come up with a name....hmmm....I see another thread coming on!) but will work towards either finding his owners or another home.

Hugs,
Auntie 'Stang