Stir craziness

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Im far from being able to take on my regular activities but just feeling frustrated at the clutter box my house has become in less than three short weeks is motivating me to move.

So I do something, such as sort through the junky mail and pile of papers, throw out half at least, and then I rest. I clear the kitchen counter and disinfect it and then I rest. Put away the laundry that's been sitting in its basket all week....ahem, H, and then I rest.

So basically it's a sit, stand, bend, lie down and ice game I'm playing here. It's exhausting!

The other day my friend took me to lunch. I had an anxiety attack and by the time I got back home it felt like I had jet lag!

And my home pt suggested I try to get by on Tylenol and skip the oxy during the day. Yeah, tried that yesterday---NOT trying that again till my staples are out! Jeezuz, my muscle spasms and incision pain was intolerable so I buckled and took two oxy's, which I'm allowed to do. Hey the dr wouldn't have prescribed me 40 pills if I wasn't allowed to take them right?!

I only woke up once last night, so I feel good today. I'm icing and resting the knee right now. After this I'm making myself something to eat and then maybe I'll do a few laps around the house. Lol. I say, for people like us, it's very difficult to do nothing, but I'm trying.

DDD

For an active person to be so limited must be terrible. Hoping you are 100% soon. Hugs. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You know, I've been watching reruns of shows I was mildly interested in but never bothered with and it just came to me why I stopped watching tv!

It's the commercials! I just cannot stomach the commercials, they're so stupid and sexist. Can't stand them.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hate commercials. These days they're uncreative and stupid, many are downright so annoying I purposely DON"T buy what they sell. (isn't that bad lol ) It's part of the reason I don't watch much tv. But let's face it, a lot of the programming itself is pretty stupid and uncreative and the same old same old ad nauseum.

trinityroyal

H&R, it sounds like your knee is healing well.
But that stir-craziness is brutal! Do you have a PVR or Tivo-type device for your tv? If so, just pause when the commercials start, and then fast forward through them. I loathe commercials too, and this is what I do when I'm watching in "real time".

Hope that you're not house-bound too much longer, and that you're able to get up and around more as you continue to heal.

Trinity

InsaneCdn

H&R...

Glad to hear you're going stir crazy, because that means you're starting to feel better!
This might be a good time to...
1) clean out the filing cabinet. Get husband to install the shredder beside your easy chair, and... go at it.
2) clean out/reorganize your computer files.
3) catch up on the mending... surely you have missing buttons to sew on, socks to darn? (hope the editor doesn't catch that d-a-r-n word)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
So far I've crocheted a blanket for the couch for H, two baby blankets to donate to pcs fundraiser, three scarves-one for my BFF, one for difficult child, and one for the fundraiser. I've cleared two piles of papers and reorganized the kitchen cabinet that hold our bowls. So I'm keeping my mind and hands occupied. I'm starting a throw blanket for easy child later. Oh, and I've started another book.

southermama3

Doll I live my life on a heating pad lol. I giggled at your lie down and bend comment because thats exactly what I have tto do. You get up move clean up sit down relax take pain relievers wait..takes effect up function and your down when it dies off lol. Its a never ending circle it seems like.