Stopping the world and getting off...

witzend

You crack me up, Janet! Thankfully, I'm feeling much better about this now than I was a week ago. I blocked those accounts and not a peep from anyone in the mail or on my cell phone.

witzend

With her attitude towards you, I wouldn't be giving her the time of day let alone private medical records. :(

Marcie

Luckily I feel very comfortable with that at this point, Marcie. :) None of these steps come easy, and I doubt that there will ever be a time in my life when something regarding her could pop up without taking my breath away in a panic. But cooler heads prevail, and for me the distance has been a blessing. I really don't have to run into anyone who I might feel that I have to explain the story to, because no one knows anything about us. I don't have to justify anything to anyone. I can just be the me I always wanted to be.

susiestar

Roll With It
I think you made the absolutely sane decision in the situation, and that L and her father are delusional if they thought you would give them that info! I am glad you sent the letter with info not to contact you - you are better off with-o them in your life. I know I am better off having cut my gfgbro from my life and my kids/husband's lives, and so are they. My parents still try to get us toghter, esp as we just moved close to them (6 min walk instead of 20 min drive) but I am not budging at all.

This isn't a decision with-o cost, but it surely is the sanest decision possible. I am glad that distance has made this much easier. I feel sorry for any children L has. Hopefully her new h wil realize what she is, and get spend the $$ to get full custody when they divorce.