Straterra Question

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hiya.

Just wondering...wee difficult child has been on the Straterra for 10 days today. I give it before bed, and he fell asleep Friday night without it. Saturday was the best day he's had since he started it.

I have posted that since he started it, things haven't been so good, but I wasn't sure if it was the Straterra or not.

I know its a drug that has to be titrated up to therapeutic levels - would skipping one dose show like that? Or is it probably just coincidence?

I am still giving it to him until I talk to his doctor, hopefully tomorrow. The outcome thus far has not been positive.

smallworld

Shari,

Strattera takes 3 to 6 weeks at a therapeutic dose for full efficacy. However, side effects like headache, stomachache and fatigue can occur right away. So skipping one dose could show, but more likely in the side effect department than anything else.

I will also add that my son became manic (feeling euphoric and too energetic) after 5 days on Effexor. So anything is possible.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
His doctor feels there's enough evidence to warrant stopping the Straterra.

He has a field trip for school tomorrow - we will see how it goes without it.

susiestar

Roll With It
We (by this I mean ANYONE) can tell if Wiz has skipped his strattera. But he has been on it for a long time, so I can't remember the beginning.

Sorry.

Susie