Stress Vent--Please add yours....

trinityroyal

Gosh! My head is so muddled I don't know where to start.

How about...

Step-D (whom I should rename difficult child the Second) drops by unannounced several times a week, and then sits her behind down in the living room and expects to be entertained. There are babies to wrangle, dishes and laundry to be done, dust rhinos roaming free all over the living room carpet, beds to be made...I could go on, but she sits there like a little princess expecting me to make her a cup of tea and then sit and chat for a few hours. The last time, she rang the doorbell and then thumped on the door. Since I wasn't expecting anyone, I scooped up the crying baby nearest to me and ran to answer it. She poked her head in, and said, "Are you busy?", then waltzed in, fiance in tow, and planted herself in the living room. Did I mention that she has a key to the house? Did I mention that she's 32 years old? You'd think that she would, say, offer to do a load of dishes or something...

She also keeps pressuring me to let her babysit. She was offended when she found out that I'd asked my friend L to babysit instead of asking her a few days ago. This is the girl who doesn't know which end of a baby to put the diaper on. This is the girl who drops and breaks at least one dish every time she comes over. (Years ago, I bought 4 sets of matching dishes to ensure that I'd have one complete set.) Honestly! If I let her babysit, I'd have to make sure Little easy child was home to tell her how to do it. Not gonna happen.

And the icing on the cake, the neighbourhood lad who was cutting my lawn for me while I was pregnant killed my magnolia tree. The one right outside my office window that used to flower beautifully. And then had the nerve to just slink away and not tell me.

Dee, I'm so very sorry to hear of your troubles. You're in my prayers.

Trinity

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Trinity when step D shows up, and you know she will, hand her the vacuum or broom or basket of laundry or best yet a screaming baby that needs changed and thank her ever so much for being such a kind daughter and dropping by to help!

*we've established I have an evil streak*

She will either stop dropping by or pitch in and help too embarrassed to admit she was stopping by to be pampered. Since she's a bit gfgish....it may take more than once. lol

Sorry about your magnolia tree!

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
BigMom- Dee - WOw honey - I'm so sorry - you should come here more often and let us in on what's going on - you need support right now. Sending huge hugs. I wondered how chemo was going - had no idea about the divorce - but if that's how he wants it after 26 years - don't be the tough gal - have a good cry for what's lost and get into some therapy - all mental health places are free. Better than nothing. Have you tried to qualify for SSI disability? That might get you some spending cash - in the interim. Post what you can for sale on Craigslist - and liquidate - save your money - and do the best you can. But do come back here. Huge hugs and love.

- Trinity - if you take Daisy's advice - give the witch a broom. :surprise: I'll even throw in some flue powder. Dang----------

----GCV---- As Royal Pretty one - I have taken the liberty of rrrrrounding up the scurvy maiden that had offendended thee so and had their heads cut off, their vacuums quartered and displayed aptly amongst the kingdom, and their dustrags thrown to the wolves. Ne'r shall they be a bother in your castle m'lady.

trinityroyal

Trinity when step D shows up, and you know she will, hand her the vacuum or broom or basket of laundry or best yet a screaming baby that needs changed and thank her ever so much for being such a kind daughter and dropping by to help!

And here's where the dilemma comes in...

Handing her a broom, mop or cloth results in dirt that is shifted somewhat from its original location, but never actually cleaned up. I hate to think of the job she would do attempting to clean a baby's dirty bottom. Makes me shudder...

I suppose I could do it anyway, for the discouragement factor, and then just hoover up the fact that I'll have to re-wash whatever it is, be it laundry, floor or baby.

Thanks for the hugs.

And Star, I will take the flue powder anyway. Might come in useful.

Trinity

witzend

The last time, she rang the doorbell and then thumped on the door. Since I wasn't expecting anyone, I scooped up the crying baby nearest to me and ran to answer it. She poked her head in, and said, "Are you busy?", then waltzed in, fiance in tow, and planted herself in the living room. Did I mention that she has a key to the house? Did I mention that she's 32 years old? You'd think that she would, say, offer to do a load of dishes or something...

Trinity

Sounds as though you need to hand her a pooh - pea baby or two and tell her to get to work next time.

:rofl:

witzend

And here's where the dilemma comes in...

I suppose I could do it anyway, for the discouragement factor, and then just hoover up the fact that I'll have to re-wash whatever it is, be it laundry, floor or baby.

Trinity

Is anyone barfy yet? That would be the best. Or (heaven forbid) cholicky & barfy?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Forsooth, dear maidens & maids, need more be said. Tweedeless & dhless. The pain, the agony. The horror of it all.

Need more be said.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Hugs, Linda. You have a lot of friends here.:D Pop on by...drop the Tweedles off with H and you and I will go out and pamper ourselves. Deal?

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I seeth Our dearest Timer also speaketh with the lilt and grace of his Majesty. (curtsey & slight bow).

On the morrow - we shall go ride on a fox hunt. It should be a glorious morning and I will be seeking a rather unusual fox. Shed your tears then Oh great women of Conduct and join me in the chase for a fox....a glorius fox - a fox which when caught will attend your every whim and desire - a cash fox, a foot servant fox....a fox named......(insert soap opera music)

Raoul.......owwwww

DammitJanet

ok, my vent.

I am stuck in a god forsaken place stealing wifi from a holiday inn because Billie let Hailie play with her air card too many times and the company quit replacing it. Can we say dumb? Hailie has screamed numerous times at me that I am a dumba$$, that I should "stop it" "go away" "NO". She locked herself in the bathroom and screamed at me.

One day, I spent an entire day sitting at the house with Billie,her step dads son and Hailie and Billie fixed her, the step dads son and hailie some frozen pizza. she never once asked me if I wanted something to eat. Not once. Tony and Jamie had gone out to work for the whole day and I had two dollars to my name. I couldnt go anywhere. How rude!

I bought the baby an adorable and rather expensive outfit that him to get xmas pics made in. It is a whte outfit like you would think of when you think of prince william. It has smocking on the front with red and green threads. I think it is adorable. She went...ewww...its girly! No..its classy...lol.Something she wouldnt know about.