Stressed!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry I haven't been around much. We worked right through yesterday and most nights my fingers/hands/wrists are too sore to type.

After work yesterday I left for a doctor appointment (where they drew a ton of blood and did x-rays-just looking to see if I have rheumatoid arthritis) and then left with-easy child/difficult child to drive to Green Bay to pick up my mom. This morning we drove back home. Tensions are at an all time high. difficult child is, of course, off the charts right now due to it being almost Christmas (thank goodness I didn't decorate earlier than last week) and my mom (we found out about a week ago) has vascular dementia. I'm sure difficult child is going to do something to upset her (although so far she is taking him in stride). husband is super stressed because difficult child has had him up since 4:00 (yesterday he had us up at 4:30) and he was trying to get all the cleaning done before my mom got here. easy child/difficult child is total difficult child when dealing with difficult child right now.

Wish I was escaping to some Island!!!!!

Thanks for listening, it helps to get it out.

klmno

Oh goodness! As I've told you before, I don't know how you do it. I'd be pulling my hair out! I hope you can find at least a few mins to relax- hide in the tub for a soak or something. ((HUGS))

buddy

{{{hugs}}}} I am still voting for a CD board cruise. maybe dr phil foundation would send us on one...filled with nannys who can handle difficult children

Nancy

Oh Sharon I hope things settle down and you can enjoy at least part of the holiday. It's doubly hard with difficult children, holidays have them so wound up.

Nancy

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thank you all. Yesterday after I wrote things started falling apart. difficult child was incredibly rude and easy child/difficult child and he were going at it. It was quite embarrassing with my mom here. difficult child has been up since 2 or 3 in the morning (hopefully he will get back to a more normal sleeping as the latest he has slept the past three mornings is 4:30).

This morning he has been so rude to my mom (and all of us but we are used to it) and she has been taking it in stride still which is very unusual for Mom. difficult child has all sorts of new things to do but is "bored".

easy child/difficult child isn't helping much as she is all over difficult child.

Hopefully the rest of the day will be more calm (one can hope).

buddy

Thinking of you. I was so relieved when Q at least gave hugs and thank you's after his mini meltdowns during gift opening. I hate it when he is rude to my parents. I hope things calm down today.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Buddy.
Unfortunately they got worse. Mom was sleeping so husband and I decided to take a nap. While we were sleeping Mom woke up and then difficult child was so rude to her he made her cry. The really sad thing is in his mind he was trying. He said she keeps talking to me and I try not to blow up but I can't help it. At one point he went outside on his own to cool down. Still he should know better/does know better and can't seem to control it. Any time anyone suggests something to him (like take a shower, you might feel better or one of about a thousand things) he blows. It's really sad.

easy child/difficult child didn't help matters by constantly being on the outlook for reasons to pick on him. No matter what we say to her she just keeps digging at him and then he blows more.

Sigh.... I'm just so tired and exhausted by all of this. I keep trying to keep the Christmas spirit in my heart. I'm upset with myself for losing the battle on that one. Right now I wish I was in a room by myself with no one around (except husband-he is as fed up as I am).

Dinner is done (and was relatively pleasant). Mom, husband, and easy child/difficult child really enjoyed it (so did I). Now I'm enjoying a second glass of a sparkling wine that I love (it was a present from someone I work with and she bought the last time she went where it was sold-about 4 or 5 hours from here).

In a bit sister in law, niece, and her husband will be coming over. By that time difficult child should be just about ready for bed! The Packers are playing tonight so I will try to stay awake for that.

klmno

I'm glad you got to at least sit down a few mins and do something you enjoy. I'm really sorry everyone had such a hard time today. It sounds like your difficult child really struggles hard- I know you've tried everything imaginable to help him but as an outsider looking in, I can't help but wonder if his 'blowing up' after someone suggests something that would help him get past whatever is bugging him is a result of him not feeling validated. Now don't get me wrong- I know you talk to him and listen and take him serious. I'm just wondering if part of his problem is that he's not interpreting that it that way. I don't know- I didn't really intend to get into that in this post.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow as things start to calm after the holidays.