Stressful Weekend

mstang67chic

Going Green
TM....I forgot to look to see when you posted this so I hope the night went well or will go well. I can understand your worry but hopefully it's for nothing.

I haven't carried one in many years, but I probably should. There is always a possibility of having a more severe reaction the "next" time.

Yes, you should! I had a severe reaction to Aleeve once. It was as bad as it can get without being life threatening and I was in and out of consciousness for over an hour. (At the ER though) A nurse told me later that if it happens again, it probably WILL be life threatening. I don't carry one as I actually have to ingest a pill to have the reaction but you can get stung anytime. GO GET ONE!

tiredmommy

Mstang- Be sure to have that allergy marked on your medical records... you don't want to be given to you if you are in a situation where you can't tell the staff about the allergy. You may even want to consider a medic alert bracelet.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I've seen my medical records.....there are bright red stickers everywhere! LOL

As for the bracelet....I've thought about it. Until then, I have it written in the info section of my purse calendar and in the personal info section of the ICE area in my phone.

smallworld

TM, since she was fever-free for a couple of days and now has a fever again, Duckie probably has a secondary bacterial infection from the original cold at this point. You should check in with your pediatrician tomorrow morning.

tiredmommy

Thanks, SW. While I was planning on calling the doctor in the morning I decided to call tonight. Her cough came back with a vengeance late this afternoon. It wasn't a productive cough and it sounded exactly like her continual & repetitive asthma cough. The Provental puffs did nothing. The double dose of her Asmanex did nothing. So I talked to the on-call guy for her asthma doctor. She's now back on Prednisolone short term and increased doses of Provental. The cough has disappeared since receiving her medications a half hour ago.

tiredmommy

I'll still be calling doctor in the morning. Someone will be checking her out for strep, sinus and making sure her lungs are clear.

tiredmommy

We're seeing the family doctor @ 2:45pm today. I'm going to ask them to excuse them to excuse her from gym in addition to checking for a bacterial infection, etc.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Happy belated anniversary and I'm glad the weekend was relatively incident free. I hope you were able to relax enough to enjoy your anniversary.

tiredmommy

Thanks Shari... it was relaxing in that we really didn't have anywhere to go, etc.

And the winner is... strep throat. The first amoxi dose is already in her.