Strictly for R&R

We've been watching a Canadian TV show (via DVD set) called "Slings & Arrows". It's a show about a small Shakespearean theatre troupe and it's the most fun I've had in a really long time. Some of the foul language is a little over the top and seems completely unnecessary to me (but easy child tells me that I'm just showing my age). Those of you who love the theatre will have a blast with this show!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Slings and arrows....is it a comedy or a spoof on shakespear?

I love Medieval type shows, dragons and whatknot. And I loved Fautly Towers the BBC broadcast, and Are you being served? OMG that one you could NOT drink anything while watching. Just too too funny.

Can you order it from Blockbuster?

Hi L.R.,

It's hard to catagorize "Slings and Arrows". It's a drama about putting on drama and pokes fun at those who are involved in the strange world of drama. It has you crying , laughing , and in awe with the beauty of Hamlet -all at the same time. It's completely addictive and unlike anything that I have ever seen before. One of the leading males is bipolar and definitely not in treatment - and, you just have to love him and identify with him.
Not sure about Blockbuster - but give it a try!

I agree about "Fawlty Towers" and "Are you being served"? And, let's not even get into Monty Python :smile: Also, if you like "House", the lead in that show was in a Brit comedy show for many years. He is very well known in England. You can find some spots on YouTube about him - he sings and plays the piano beautifully. I find the slapstick humor helps with the heavy drama usually going on at home...