Stumbled Upon Something Cute/Fun

Tiapet

Old Hand
I found a cute/fun thing. It's "words that describe the indescribe the indescribeable things kids do". Apparently it's a book but there are youtube videos, it's on twitter and an old blog (not much of one) about it. Here are a just a some of the words you'll find:

Uptitude (Up-ti-tewd) n.:The immense desire to be the one who press the button on the elevator.

Sledentary (SLED-en-tehr-ee) adj.: A child's state of being so bundled up to face the winter elements that they can not move.

Orthodontrpreneur (ORTH-o-dahn-tre-pre-orr) n.: Child who wants to knock out all his own teeth in the interest of a hefty payday from the Tooth Fairy.

Kodick (CO-dik) n.:Child who refuses to cooperate for the taking of a family photograph.

Peequel (PEE-kwuhl) n.: Child's need to use bathroom 10 minutes after leaving rest stop where they didn't have to go.

Hypocriticize (hipp-o-CRITT-iss-ize) v.: To yell at your kids to keep their voices down.

Toyphoon (toy-PHOON) n.: Kids' recreational activities that leave their playroom looking as if it were obliterated by a hurricane.

Wishjack : To blow out the candles on another child's birthday cake.

Hope some of you found this interesting. I might just go find this book! :)

janie

New Zealand
Hi Tiapet,
Those words are cute - I must have a look and see if I can find the book too :)
Have a great week.
from Janie in New Zealand

Star*

call 911........call 911
Toyphoon..........OMG - WONDERFULLY PUT!!!!!!

Right up there with my underbreath favoites - BOYboon......What most male difficult child children behave like out in public. If that ones not in your book? I'm going to suggest it. We should have written that book Tia.....ROFL.

trinityroyal

Those are very cute. And too true.

Toyphoon -- what my family room looks like right now.

Now I need to come up with a word for -- little boy who strips his bed and himself (including his pull-up...sigh), and then lies there whimpering "s-o-o ccccc-o-l-d" until Mummy comes to the rescue with pyjamas and blankets.

InsaneCdn

Now I need to come up with a word for -- little boy who strips his bed and himself (including his pull-up...sigh), and then lies there whimpering "s-o-o ccccc-o-l-d" until Mummy comes to the rescue with pyjamas and blankets.
Chatterboy?