Stupid, childish, dumb, wrong...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My middle neice (that lived with me when she was a little tyke) made me a bracelet when she was 5. Little round plastic beads on an elastic band. It broke between classes in college, and my college buddies made themselves late to class helping me pick up those silly beads.

I put it back together and still have it. She had her very first baby girl Saturday.

Yup...I like money, but dollars and diamonds don't mean squat to me. difficult child 1 bought me rocks every year for my birthday and loony toon salt and pepper shakers every year for Christmas, and I still have them ALL. And probably will til I die.

Hey, Janet, I can send this thing to you when I'm done, if you want! lol not like I'll wear it!

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a collection of rocks that difficult child collected for me ......and I still have them. As he got older.....the rocks got more intense....like gems..Obsidian, Copper, Pyrite, Garnet, Sapphire, whatever he could find....and I love them all.

Recently he went to a gold mine to to some construction work. He borrowed the Pyrite and threw it in a mud puddle while they were working and dug it out with his hands and said "OMG....LOOK and held it tight in his hands and 2 of the workers actually thought he had dug up a hunk of gold the size of a golf ball with post hole diggers." (Clown)

I have a piece of slag dated 7-1-2009 on my desk right now that he thought maybe a meteorite. (lol) Brought it back to me said "You'll love this Momma." And of course .....because it's from him I do. (Even if it's slag) ;)

Marguerite

You reminded me of another incident - when husband & I got engaged. We had planned it for some time, he had saved up for ages to get the perfect ring. We had designed it together, shopped around and finally settled on one store which claimed to have a high quality of diamond. They were smaller diamonds but the trade-off was colour and clarity. No flaws. Whatever - I was happy. It was the ring we'd designed together and that made it our ring.

There had been a time when I had wondered if my flatmate (male) carried a torch for me - too bad, husband was on the scene. Then after that my flatmate (who was a closet transvestite, but straight) asked my help in "dressing up" and doing makeup. So I lent him my clothes and used my theatrical skills to do his make-up.

Then my flatmate came home with a new girlfriend. She was a strange one. Very possessive of him, very controlling. "Don't tell her about the cross-dressing," he said to me. But she found out and got very angry with me, blamed me for corrupting him. No way, he had been a cross-dresser when I met him. But because I had helped him with clothes and make-up, she claimed I had been "encouraging" him. Fool... I had actually been trying to help him get it out of his system, if that were at all possible. That was a relationship doomed to failure.

Then they got engaged. Very suddenly. She made a big show of the ring, made a very loud noise about how her diamond was bigger than my diamond. husband quietly commented to me that it was no wonder - the diamond was a lemon yellow with a dirty great carbon speck in the middle. But still she crowed, and we didn't say a word about specks. She wouldn't have cared, anyway - to her, it was all about who had the most carats.

Shari - go flash that trash. In every sense of the word! Enjoy... and let your friends enjoy too. YOU know the truth, that is what matters.

Marg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
When husband and I got married, Onyxx strung together necklaces out of purple thread and alphabet beads with our names on them.

I have a picture (she'll never see it LOL) of the two of us on our honeymoon. Wearing the necklaces. They're hanging on my vanity now where I can see them every day.

The Christmas my Grandma died, I flew back from New Mexico, and husband and the kids picked me up. Jett couldn't wait till we got back to the apartment to give me my Christmas gift. It was a dollar-store type pink plastic bracelet and not quite long enough to fit around my wrist. I dug a safety pin out of my purse and MADE it long enough to fit. Every so often I still wear it... He gets a real kick out of it.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
That's the jewelry that's meaningful to me.

difficult child 1 gave me a few bubble gum rings, but he was drawn towards quality at an early age. I have a wonderful gold ring with a pink heart shaped CZ that he gave me for valentine's day. Another time he gave me a horse head pendant on a necklace, and a few years later, a bracelet to match. They are walmart jewelry, but I love them. (I rarely wear jewelry, by the way, except my wedding rings, and I never take those off)

When Wee was born, difficult child 1 orchestrated the theft of my mother's ring to have Wee's stone added to it, which is what he and easy child 1 gave me for Christmas that year.

Wee and easy child 2 bought me Montana Silversmith jewelry one year for Christmas, which is REALLY nice (albeit PINK, and I am not a pink person). I made a pink shirt to wear it with, and they just beam when I wear it.

Other than that, my prized possession jewelry box contains my grandmothers' class rings, and a collection of plastic and gawd that would make any 4 year old princess drool.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yup! I love the wal-mart jewelry I get. Pink? Yech - except when the kids give it to me. Then it's the most beautiful stuff in the world. I have a TON of junk in my jewelry box and I adore every piece.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I have a necklace that is (not kidding) small hard styrofoam balls rolled in glue and glitter.

Its from Wee.

The beads are seperated by sequins, and have sequins randomly glued to them, too. I struggle with that one a bit, but he just thinks its all that and a bag of chips...