Stupid pet tricks

F

flutterbee

Puddles can eat 148 inches of string and survive the surgery. It used to be interesting scooping the litterbox and see all the pretty colors from what he ingested and passed. Fortunately, the string episode seems to have cured him of that - for the most part.

Now he's fat and lazy and eats by lying on the floor and pulling out a few pieces of food with his paw and eating it off the floor.

There isn't a surface of any kind in this house that Abbey can't get on top of. She can jump from the floor into the bathroom window which is above chin height on me. She has also taken to getting into the cupboard with the cereal, opening the boxes and treating herself to cheerios.

Hydro is really good at falling out of trees. We often find him dangling from something by one paw just kinda swinging around trying to figure out what to do next. Clumsy oaf.

Baby Kitty can pull a fingernail out of the nail bed in one swipe. We don't make any sudden movements around her.

Andy

I had a dog once who would pose for pictures. Once she heard the snap of the camera, she would change position and freeze for the next picture.

Another pet dog would carry the kittens off when they started to cry. We had to make sure the kittens were put up high where the dog couldn't get them because the dog didn't like the mom cat to get at them either.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Big Momma the cat sounds like she is saying *momma* and she talks back to you and yells at you when you walk by.
Nanner will only drink out of Bob the Betta's fish bowl and she comes when you whistle and loves oatmeal.

witzend

Mandy chases bugs, and anything that shines. If your watch catches some sunlight and reflects on the ceiling, she's up on her hind legs trying to grab it. My sparkly flip-flops are overwhelming to her! If there is a bug on the outside of the sliding glass door, she is slamming her face into the window trying to catch it. Forget that it never works! She's not giving that bug up! Chores that involve a flashlight are sure to involve her between your legs, even if you are laying on your back under the sink. It shines! Woo hoo!

K

Kjs

this is funny. I thought my dogs were just weird.

Chloe, she is laid back sweet dog. Until we got Kenzie. Chloe's eyes will tell a story. All she has to do is look at you and you know what she wants. She will get up on her hind legs and beg if you have something she wants. Or she will stand and swing her head and direct you somewhere. She also will speak, shake, roll over and play dead. Chloe never goes on the furniture. Never has.

The other, Kenzie is a whole different story. She will not do any of those. Not even shake. Kenzie is a jumper and has to always be touching you. She sits on the couch touching you. She sleeps in the bed by our feet touching you. She isn't good at sharing. Will take every toy away that Chloe picks up. Chloe has gotten keen to her, so if Chloe wants something and Kenzie takes it away, Chloe will go pick up another. Then Kenzie drops the one she has and takes the other away.

Kenzie does not walk well. Pulls and runs in every direction. When she sees you or anyone she jumps off the ground about 4 feet non stop. People all laugh but it is annoying.

Kenzie watches Chloe. If Chloe eats, she'll eat. If Chloe turns her nose up and walks away, Kenzie will do the same. If Chloe barks, Kenzie goes running and barks right along side her even if she has no idea what she is barking at. Kenzie is just not the brightest dog.

I can go for a walk with Chloe and she will never leave my side. I don't have to put a leash on her. The other will be gone in a heartbeat. For the first 6 years we had Chloe we never shut the gate. Chloe would never leave the yard. I had a neigbhor across the street take care of her and she kept telling me every time she turned around Chloe would go home and sit on the step. Chloe couldn't sleep over because she would cry all night so she had to bring her home to sleep. Kenzie doesn't care, as long as she is touching someone.

I tried a doggie day-care for Kenzie once. When I got to pick her up I saw on the camera she was in a little isolated room. They gave her a time out because she wouldn't share. I was upset. (I didn't work that day) I told them they should of called. I can put her in a room by herself, I don't have to pay someone to do that. Chloe didn't go because her whole body starts shaking when we pull into the vet's parking lot. She would of been really scared.

Ok...those are my pets.