Stupid question, I know

flutterby

Fly away!
Lisa, after 2 doses of Cipro, the back pain has gone down considerably.

When I had a septic stone several years ago, the IVP didn't pick it up. I had been getting kidney infections almost monthly for 2 years when they did the IVP. 6 months to they day after the IVP, I passed the stone and no more kidney infections for a while.

So, I'm wondering if I have another septic stone.

I'm still having to take phenegran and pyridium, but at least I caught it early. You know how miserable they can get...you just want to crawl off somewhere and die.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Did you know 1 CAT scan is equal to 5000 xrays?? I'll never have one again. ugh!

Not to hijack this, but we learned this last year too -- and difficult child 1 has had about 3 head CT's as an infant and at least 2, maybe three abdominal CT's since he was 10 (related to the Crohn's diagnosis -- long story). So I'm betting he practically glows in the dark now. :surprise:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Heather-glad you went and got a script. Hope you are feeling better soon. Kidney infections are horrid. I only had one once. Landed me in the hospital for 3 days a week and a half before my wedding.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've had many CAT scans over the years........maybe that explains some things. lol Heather if the stone is fairly smallish in size it can be missed on an IVP. I've never been lucky enough to have smallish stones so it's never been an issue. I'm just grateful I haven't had one since before Nichole was born.

I hope it's not a stone and you get over it quickly. ((hugs))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
They still do them. You just have to ask anymore cuz they're so quick for the other....and of course it's more expensive. lol Nichole had one not long ago. And I checked with our clinical instructors about it too, especially after finding out that bit of news over the CAT scans. They can also do ultrasound........not sure how good that would be with small stones either, guess it would depend on the person reading it.

How are you feeling tonight? Any better?

flutterby

Fly away!
Last March, I asked for an ultrasound because they talked about doing a CT and they said it wouldn't really show them anything. Or if it did, it would show a stone and they would just send me home to pass it anyway. Something like that, I can't remember. Anyway, I didn't get the CT or the ultrasound.

Tonight....I'm crabby as hell. I'm falling over tired, but can't sleep. I hurt and I feel sick. difficult child had a moderate panic attack and it took me well over an hour to talk her down. And I'm so tired that I was actually talking to her with my eyes closed.

easy child's DF is being moody as hell and I'm not in the mood. The dog is freaking out over every noise and all 6 of the cats want to be on me. I just want everyone to go away and leave me the hell alone!!!!

Yep, I'm doing just peachy. :tongue: Really struggling tonight with the whole "not going to let my body control my spirit" thing.

Oh...and I asked easy child last night before and after I went to the ER to take difficult child to school today because I felt so bad. He agreed with no problem. difficult child woke him up and he told her that I was taking her. When I said no, he is, he got mad. Really? Really? (to steal from Shari) Can't I just be sick in peace? We're only a mile from the school for crying out loud.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. Sounds like around here when I'm sick. bleh! Cats are probably on you trying to make you feel better. When I had the pneumonia Betsy kept trying to stick her nose down my throat every time I coughed. I kept telling her I knew I was sick already. lol She always sniffs out Darrin's ear infections for us. Strange dog that way. And Bruce stuck to me like he was glued on.

Any way you can basically hide in your room until you're feeling somewhat better?? by the way pain makes me crabbier than hades........especially kidney pain.

(((hugs)))