Stupid Question

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Hound dog, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

What is tanif? I know that somewhere in my brain is the answer. I know that it's welfare. But I can't figure out what the abbriviatation means and it's driving me nuts.

A combination of a holey brain and a feverish one.

On a brighter note though, K has finally gotten her welfare insurance and they told her yesterday they're back on tanif. This ought to help with them finding a place.
  2. Rabbit

Rabbit Member

I think it might be tanf temporary assistance needy families
    sorry I do not know about this hope this helps
  3. Rabbit

Rabbit Member

4. Hound dog

Thank you Rabbit!!! That's it. :) My brain is just refusing to work this morning.

5. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Hey Lisa - the only question that is stupid is the one you don't ask.

Nothing stupid about you, or any question you ask!
  6. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Hey I have lots and lots of dumb questions. LOL
    I would not have figured it out, but once Rabbit said it, :hammer:
  7. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Perfect. There is never a stupid question.

8. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Someone beat me to

I used to work in TANF...or what used to be called AFDC. Affectionately called the welfare check. Around here the old folks still call the medicaid card "medical stickers" because evidently years and years ago the county would send out a card with about 10 stamps on it and you gave a stamp to the doctor when you saw him and gave a stamp to the pharmacy when you got a prescription filled. Can you imagine? LOL.
  9. Hound dog

Thanks guys. :)

What bothers me is the memory thing. I'm having alot of issues with it lately. I know the knowledge is there.....somewhere in my brain. I just am unable to access it when I want it. Frustrating. Embarrassing at times.

I've seen those abbreviations since I was a kid..........I knew what they meant, just couldn't access that knowledge. Like someone sticks a blank wall up in my brain.
  10. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen's called sticky notes. I have them everywhere.