stupid things we've done.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Okay, this is going way back to when I was only 5 years old.

I ate the small chlorine tablets for the pool, thinking they were the same Necco peppermint candies my gramma kept in her nightstand!!! I don't know how many I ate or if I ever even made it past one tablet, but my mom was horrified. Thankfully, my dad had a cool head and made me drink lots of milk. And a visit to the Dr. They say that's why I have such a deep voice...hahaha.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm sorry guys, but I'm rolling as I read this!

I've done soooooooooo many stupid things myself but seem to have blocked the majority of them out.

I have however, also put various objects in the frig/freezer such as keys, glasses etc. I've tried to get things out of the oven without the benefit of hot pads. I've left a variety of things on top of vehicles before driving off, including one of the first cell phones husband had. (The screen made a very pretty color when it shattered though).

I asked husband if anything came to mind and he couldn't think of anything specific off the top of his head. He was kind enough to inform me though that it's usually my mouth that gets me in trouble. What a _______ sweetheart.

difficult child did a small one once that stands out in my mind. One of his first times having a watch he flipped his wrist over to see what time it was. Problem was, he was holding a full glass of milk at the time. :slap:

But if you want to go back to childhood? :rofl:

I scared my mom half to death once. I pulled out all of the kitchen drawers to use as a ladder, climbed up on the counter and got the lighter fluid off the TOP of the frig and drank it. (I was about 2 or 3 and this was back before Bic lighters) If we want to get into childhood stories....THAT I have many, many, many, many of. LOL

trinityroyal

With the babies and the resulting lack of sleep, I seem to have a permanent case of The Stupids lately.

Let's see...
Put the phone in the fridge.
Put the milk in the microwave.
Point my car remote at the front door of the house and wonder why the door doesn't unlock.
Left the house without shoes. Didn't realize until I had already driven away.

I could go on and on and on...

mstang67chic

Going Green
This is a very random thought I had but it seems to fit here.

I was watching an old episode of Criminal Minds last night and had to wonder.....can you profile stupid?

And Shemar Moore? (Plays Derek Morgan on the show) Can I just say YUMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gee, I don't feel so alone anymore.

I've only dropped the walkie-talkie at work in the toilet twice. Add that to a cell that went in...I guess I'm at 3 strikes now.

H is the WORST at doing stupid things. He is a hider. Well, when you hide something you are supposed to remember where you put it...like CAR KEYS, CHECKS, etc. We now have two old beater cars that he's successfully hidden the second set of keys and can't find. Ugh.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Stang....are you a criminal minds junkie too?!? Gosh I love that show! Yes...Derek is yummy! I watch it religiously. Dont forget to watch it tonite. I was on the edge of my seat last week when the Phantom killed Hodge's ex wife and almost killed his son. I was in tears when he told his son "to work the case Jack".

mstang67chic

Going Green
SONOFA........

I can't watch the full episode on CBS. I did see the clip of Hotch talking to her on the phone, telling Jack to work the case and then the shots.

(*#$%^^&*($ networks!!!

Oh and the best part? I have it set to dvr. I checked my recordings....NOTHING!!!!! Someone STOPPED it before the show even started!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Star*

call 911........call 911
If you drop the phone......in the toilet......and then talk on it while feeling sorry for yourself..while going .to 2 people at a time....in the bathroom?????

Is that a potty pity party potty party potty party phone call?

Yeah. You had to think about THAT one didn't you. :tongue:

bby31288

husband chopped the tips of two fingers off trimming our Christmas Tree with a butcher knife so the Angel would fit on top.

DDD

Lost keys, garage door openers and remotes are common at our house,
sad to say.

My two stupidest things were both thirty years ago or more:
1. I didn't get the eggs hardboiled for Easter and when the kids opened
them they were not solid. The children said "Mommy what happened to our Easter Eggs? I replied "Guess the Easter Bunny had SO MANY good children to visit that he rushed the eggs into the basket!" Somehow they
thought that was cool.

2. This is GROSS. One "morning after the night before" I woke up to go
potty. Once I was through (and in a hurry to get back into my bed) I forgot to put TP in my hands as I cleaned up. :sick:

husband thinks both of those stories are hysterical. I, on the other hand, have
threatened divorce if he ever shares the second one...aptly identified here
as "number two". DDD

DammitJanet

Oh DDD...number two is hysterical!

Not too long ago, I got up in the middle of the night half awake needing to go potty. I am zonked in the night because I take so many medications at night. I didnt want to turn on the lights because they hurt my eyes and I can pretty much stagger my way into the bathroom. Well, seems Tony had been there before me and put the lid down! He never does that! I had to pee really bad and never noticed the lid was down in a dark bathroom. I sat down and immediately started to pee before it dawned on my fogged brain that ...hey...something isnt right here...and I could stop and jump up! I was so mad...lol.

muttmeister

In our state, you don't get a new license plate every year; instead, when you pay your money you get a sticker to stick on the old license plate. I paid my money for this year in June. As I was driving down the road this Monday, the state trooper pulled in behind me and stopped me. "Your plates have expired." I know I gave him a funny look. When I gave him my registration, the stickers were still in the envelope.
The worst part is, I remember going and checking my car to see if I had put the new ones on because I couldn't remember if I did it or not. Because it was June and they said 2009, I thought they were the new ones. I remember thinking, oh, yeah, I guess I must have put them on and forgotten. Now I see the new ones have 2010 because that is when they expire. By the time I got done, I had given the cop his laugh for the day. I'll bet he told somebody what a doofus he had stopped.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
This was potentially dangerous, but really stupid as well. Near the end of husband's life, he was on very heavy duty pain medications.

I was getting his AM pain medications and also grabbed two generic ibuprofen tabs because my knees were killing me.

I took two timed release extra strength morphine tablets and handed over the ibuprofen to husband.

An hour later I couldn't stand up, and he couldn't figure out why his medications weren't working.

I wound up at the ER getting a couple of shots of some narcotic antagonist to block me from absorbing the rest of the medications and they kept me all day to make sure I was OK. Once we confirmed what had happened, husband took the correct medications.

After that I got one of those super-duper pill minders and had HIM fill the thing up for the week.

At the ER, I kept insisting that I didn't use or abuse narcotics. They pulled blood and of course the tox screened redlined for opiates.

All I kept thinking was, "People take this stuff for FUN???"

I've also dropped a few pagers in the john over the years. Lost one over the side of a fishing boat and it had been so annoying that husband wouldn't allow me to go in after it.

I've tried to use a remote car starter with the TV remote, which didn't work very well.

I was a complete flake even before the BiPolar (BP) and medications and stuff.

donna723

I come by mine honestly. I had a great aunt who managed to flush her social security check down the toilet. Makes you wonder why she had it with her in the bathroom, but then that bunch was always strange! And my grandmother was baking a cake one time and wanted to line the pan with wax paper - but she didn't have any wax paper so she used Saran Wrap! The cake came out of the pan just fine but she couldn't figure out where the Saran Wrap went! Of course, it had melted into the cake. And she didn't tell anyone about it until we had all eaten the cake!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
O dear! A saran-wrap cake???

This reminds me of my sweet grammy....who tried to make a very special cake for us.

When she started baking, she was making a strawberry cake with a special berry-glaze topping...

But when the cake had cooled and it was time to make the topping, the cook-book had been sitting near a window, and a few pages of recipes had "blown by"...

Grammy didn't notice.

So we were served a delicious strawberry cake...

topped with a spicy mustard sauce!!!

--DaisyFace

(by the way--That story always makes me smile! I love my Grammy. Her 90th birthday is tomorrow....)