Subpoena taped to the door....

eekysign

Came home to find a court summons taped to my front door! Apparently, the drunk guy that hit my car, then denied it - it was his 2nd DWI. So I've just been called in as a witness in the trial.

I wonder if I have to take vacation time, or if the company pays like jury duty. You'd think I'd know this stuff! Ha!

klmno

Being a witness is not the same as jury duty, which gives you an allowance for time off work. But, given the field you are in and the circumstances, you probably won't have any problem.

DammitJanet

You know what really hoovers eggs? If you "take out papers" which is what they call calling the cops and then the cops not doing a darned thing but telling you that you have to go down to the magistrate and swear out a warrant saying someone has committed a crime against you so that the cops can then go take their sweet time to arrest the person they had in their hot lil hands in the first place! Well after all that...when the court date rolls around, when you have been served YOUR subpoena saying you have to be in court and you take off a whole day of work...and maybe you and your witnesses have taken off a whole day of work...then the idiot arrested person DOESNT show up!!!!! And are you compensated for showing up...oh heck no! You get told...we will notify you when we arrest him. Uhhhh...and when will that be? Oh we dont know.

Of course you dont know...The time is never unless the defendent is named Cory!

We are still waiting for them to call us back on the jerk who stabbed Tony with a beer bottle!!!