Success???

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Not really.

Wee pushed his teacher and refused to work again today. I didn't get any phone calls, tho, so I guess this is "success".

Dang sure doesn't feel very successful. He needs so much more.
:(

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Out of curiosity is Special Education looking at the Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) component at all. wm has many sensory issues & he still uses a weighted vest along with many other sensory therapies (though in HS it's a bit more difficult). He also sees OTs 3x weekly to help him slow his hyper body down.

I've just never seen this addressed.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Its supposed to be. He's supposed to see the Occupational Therapist (OT) twice a week for sensory, and I found out at the last IEP meeting that she was focusing on writing instead. Occupational Therapist (OT) had become another place he was routinely falling apart, to the point that they were getting nothing accomplished, the Occupational Therapist (OT) herself had almost become a trigger. So I'm not sure how that's progressing, if at all.

tiredmommy

Well... the good news is that you've successfully trained the school not to send Wee home with every incident. And I doubt things will change much with Wee until the adults around him change. :winks: