Such Lovely Weather NOT

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am glad to be out here... the weather just seems to shut the midwest and east down... yuck... when we got 2+ feet 2 weeks ago it was awesome!!! We received 6 or so inches Saturday and it just doesn't affect us much... we are hardy people with a small population and not many streets!!! And no-one cares if we get stuck in our homes for a week at a time!!! The world will still function!!!

You go much east of us and thats where the real movers and shakers are!!! Idaho, Montana... we can eat a Moose or a Squirrel...

I hope everyone is doing well...

nvts

I'm in the southernmost part of New York state. We're convinced that it's in all of the WeatherPersons contracts that they get to whip everyone into a frenzy approx. 10 times per year. Since we rarely get hurricanes, that leaves them the snow and nor'easters to get everyone apprehensive.

Billions of dollars in research, equipment and salaries and I'm better off listening to the "chirp" (get it, crickets chirp) in my bad knee!

Beth

:cold:

F

flutterbee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daisylover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IEP has been working on all the power lines for the last couple of months. </div></div>

Do you mean AEP? Is this one of those, 'you know your a mother of a difficult child if...' moments? :rofl:

Thanks for the info on the water pipes. It's still a possibility with sustained winds of 30mph and gusts of up to 50 mph.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you mean AEP? Is this one of those, 'you know your a mother of a difficult child if...' moments? </div></div>

OMG! :bag: MUST BE!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, ours has phhht out to nothing much too. We're getting winds, but nothing like they were saying. And so far not much ice.

Well, ok, I'm grateful for the ice part. lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, my! :smile:

ILMS I'd love to see pics. I wouldn't want to have to shovel it, but I do like looking at it. :snowman:

Is it still snowing there?

F

flutterbee

Just ruuuuub it in ILMS. :wink: We have a whopping 3 inches of snow. woo hoo. We do have some ice under there from the melting last night and some ice on top from the freezing rain, but I wanted snow dammit! And the wind? It's breezy. That's it. Weatherbug says the biggest gust was 38mph.

I was all ready to be snowed in. I looked at weatherbug and Rochester, NY is getting hit good. Think I'll move.

:rofl:

:snowman:

Nancy

I spoke too soon. It's been snowing all day, blizzard like snow. We must have about 8" and it's blowing like mad. I suspect we will have a snow day tomorrow.

Nancy

F

flutterbee

I am sooooooooooo jealous. You have no idea how upset I am that we didn't get the snow we were supposed to. I feel gypped! I ran into a friend at Kroger tonight and had to tell him just how upset I am. :rofl:

by the way, I didn't see you wearing a scarf in your picture. Do I have to come up there and dress you? :blizzard:

F

flutterbee

I'll have difficult child knit you one. She's been on a roll lately. :smile:

F

flutterbee

Uh-huh. That's 'xactly what I was thinking.

My mama didn't raise no dummy.

F

flutterbee

I was just giving you a hard time. :wink:

I don't wear 'em either. However, difficult child has already put my present under the tree and I have a sneaky suspicion it's a scarf she's made. I guess I'll have to start.

F

flutterbee

Yeah, well, I see NO reason why I should have to suffer alone. That's why I recommended she make a scarf for easy child, too. :devil:

He wears shorts year round. When it gets really cold, he'll wear a hoodie. He will not wear a winter coat or gloves. Last year when he was shoveling the driveway, he finally came in and grabbed my gloves. AFTER he could no longer feel his fingers.

Every time he has to wear it (cause if difficult child ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy), I'll feel just a twinge of sweet revenge for every time he's smarted off to me. Too bad he didn't get a nice mom. Bwahahahahahaha!!!

:angel: