Suggestions for the right type of hat

BusynMember

Ok, so my hair is really crazy now. The back is ok, about shoulder length except for where they cut it to operate and the rest of my hair covers it up. But my front is shaved really short, like somebody shaved off my bangs and its also a bit uneven. I also still have some healing scars way up there. Nobody will actually cut my hair for me yet because I do have scars on my head, but I have to start going out so I need the perfect hat. Anyone have suggestions? Pictures?

Nothing fancy, please.

To anyone to may answer, thanks!!

New Leaf

What do you like Serenity? I personally love hats. I like poor boys and bowlers, fedoras are very in here. There is a lady I have seen around town that wears a lovely hat with many feathers coming out of the back. She intrigues me. One day I think I shall say hello and strike up a conversation. I wish I was home SWOT, I would send you pictures.

Oooooh, hats there is a certain mystery about them.

leafy

BusynMember

Thanks for answering, New Leaf. I am very casual, really. Just want it to look ok and to cover my forehead or part of it. Any suggestions?

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
this one's kind of sassy
Cool-Trendy-Hats-for-Women.jpg

BusynMember

NL, do't like them, but thanks for the suggestion.

Tanya, those are the cutest hats in the world!!! Time to visit the hat dept. of my local store today. I'm so excited!!! Didn't realize how many cute hats were out there. Not a hat person!

Lil

Love that first photo! I can't top that. My only suggestion would be to make it soft and snuggly so it's comfortable. On the up side, it's getting cold and no one will think anything of you wearing a hat. :) Glad you are feeling better and healing.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
People might think you are an orthodox Jew depending on how "modest" the rest of your outfit is.

A lot of younger OJ women have started wearing hats as opposed to hair coverings and scarves.

I tend to wear a knit cap with ear flaps when it's cold, which looks goofy but keeps things warm. In warmer weather i wear a baseball cap when driving or when I otherwise need to keep the sun off my face and out of my eyes.

I do have my eye on a nice fedora, though.

Copabanana

Hi Serenity,

I am glad you are ready to go out. How are you feeling? Tanya, I love every one of those hats.

COPA

Last edited:

BusynMember

I feel.good enough for trips. I may even visit princess and buddha baby for a few days soon. That excites me
I am tired of watching judge judy and whse your daddy lol. Its still hard to hold up a book. Ugh. I hate tv do have netix on my tablet.
I do take short walks up and down the hallway.
This will take a while to heal...I know that...but as soon as neurosurgeon allows, I will start doing things again. With or without my collar.
Thank you kindly for asking. Seems you are doing well too. I hope so:)

New Leaf

SWOT, sending best wishes and thoughts, you are doing well, healing is hard work.
I am very glad to see you posting, you have much to offer with your experience, kindness and concern.
Thank you for continuing to help others, even as you have hardship.
You are very inspirational. Thank you so much.
(((Gentle Hugs)))
leafy

BusynMember

Leafy, thank you. I was thinking about what a GREAT addition you are to our family. I'm so glad we have your intelligence, wisdom and knowledge...and poetry :)

Copabanana

Seems you are doing well too. I hope so
Thank you Serenity. I am doing better. I am handling my son better. And I am out of bed for the most part. I am getting the house together. M and I are doing well.
There is nothing to be proud of.
I think this is not true. Your are handling an experience where you almost died and your whole world was turned upside down (literally) with grace and equanimity.

I am glad you are itching to get out. And I am glad you are almost ready to take a trip. Will Hubs drive?

COPA

New Leaf

Leafy, thank you. I was thinking about what a GREAT addition you are to our family. I'm so glad we have your intelligence, wisdom and knowledge...and poetry :)
Oh SWOT, thank you so much. You have no idea how much that means to me.
I am enormously glad to be here, and have admired all of your postings, and the loving care and kindness resonating from them. For one such as you, who has suffered much at the hands of your FOO, you have come out of the fire of it, a brilliant, shining, priceless diamond.
Thank you for being you, and for all you do to help others.
Continue to rest and strive for healing.
malama pono
leafy