Summer Stinks! I seem to find myself here each year

AllStressedOut

I posted a bunch last year, heck it may have even been the year before that. Days are running together and years are blurring. Time flies when you're having fun with difficult children.

I have 6 kids, 3 difficult children, 3 PCs. My 2 oldest difficult children really aren't a terrible headache anymore. We've finally got them on a good regime of medications and therapy and they seem to be doing well. My youngest difficult child is still making my blood boil though. I swear this kid is going to be the death of me. I mean that literally. This child does and says whatever he can to push my buttons and rub me the wrong way. When told specifically not to do something, well, you all know the routine!

Just needed to vent for a minute with those that understand.

It's odd how during the school year when kids are at school I have less time, but when you have nurses calling you 3 times a week, teachers calling you daily and all the meetings you get to have about your wonderful difficult children, you lose track of your life.

Andy

"Come to the dark side, we have cookies" I think that is what your avatar says?

"Come to the CD Board, we have comfort food and TOTAL understanding." Scream here as loud as you can - some of us may even join in - those will be the ones who are also having a difficult difficult child moment - the rest will be cheering you on waiting for their moment which can come at any second.

This is the first stressfree summer that I have had in a long time. I found a 15 year old boy to hang out with difficult child - takes him on bike rides, practices baseball, plays board games, etc. It has been wonderful.

I think those first few weeks are the worst as siblings fight for their spot in the family "pecking order" for the summer. Once everyone knows what to expect from everyone else, it should calm down?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Welcome back ASO,

Sorry the younger difficult child is so difficult right now. Glad to hear things are going better with the other two. Sounds like the school year was difficult too. Hugs.

trinityroyal

Welcome back, AllStressedOut.
Sorry to hear that your youngest is giving you fits, but glad that things have settled down with the others.

Sending strength and hugs your way.
Trinity

W

Wonderful Family

Funny how different kids struggle with different times; I dream of the end of school and the release it brings! Everything goes his way in the summer and in a decent (happy does really exist for this child) mood much of the time. But, watch out when school starts!

Star*

call 911........call 911
WELL.........I've been standing on the darkside for like a freaking hour now - I have no cookie, and it's looking pretty grim that I will be getting one anytime soon.....

AND YOU THINK YOU have problems.

HA!

Welcome back - NOW.

GIVEME MY COOKIE!

:tongue:

AllStressedOut

Sorry Star, here is your *cookie*, well, its actually a brownie bottom peanut butter cookie, but hey, that's how I roll. Only the best will do!

Hey BBK, sorry I've been gone, this school year was some what worse than last year. Last year was the evil principal, this year was the nutso nurse and whacked out teachers.

I'll try harder to keep in touch and check on everyone here. I've been drowning from life lately and I'm just now poking my head above water. Only to discover that my sons foot is on top of my head and that's why I can't breathe!