Summer-time tips

Star*

call 911........call 911
I just found out that if your hair changes color from swimming in a cholorinated pool - :beach_ball::water_happy::swimming:

crush a dozen or so aspirins in a cup or two or warm water, and work thorugh your hair. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, and your original hair color should return. :beach:

I do not know if this works on died hair.

For those of you having LOADS of rain -

If you need to cut the lawn and the grass is damp, try spraying the mower's blades with vegetable oil before starting. The spray stops the grass from clogging the mower, and you'll have your job done in no time at all.

Trying to take a frosted cake to a party?

Put the cake in the freezer BEFORE you wrap it with plastic wrap and it won't stick to the frosting.

WHO has room in their freezer for cake? I'd have to take out the Weight watchers. :surprise:

Mom2oddson

I can't wait to go visit husband just to go to the pool so that my hair color WILL change. I get blonde streaks/highlights from the pool & sun. It helps disguise the white & grey ones.

4sumrzn

For those of you having LOADS of rain -

If you need to cut the lawn and the grass is damp, try spraying the mower's blades with vegetable oil before starting. The spray stops the grass from clogging the mower, and you'll have your job done in no time at all.

Trying to take a frosted cake to a party?

Put the cake in the freezer BEFORE you wrap it with plastic wrap and it won't stick to the frosting.

WHO has room in their freezer for cake? I'd have to take out the Weight watchers. :surprise:

Cooool....thanks for the tips!!!! I was just complaining last night.....all kinds of soggy clumps of grass flying at me (doesn't help I lift the front of the mower up in my haste). I think I'll give it a try!

The cake?? Ummm.....I don't have that kind of room either & mine don't turn out very "pretty" anyway. I'll stick with the bakery ;)

I'm all over the grass blade one. Wonder how many of my neighbors are gonna catch me out there "lubing up the blades". Hmmm....guess I'll have the hand out cards ready with Summer-time tips by Star* ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, I think I got it...

Spray the cake with vegetable oil so that when I cut it, it doesn't stick...

Wrap the grass in plastic wrap so it doesn't freeze...

And if you're frosting your hair, crush a dozen aspirin first so it doesn't change color...

???

I've got a headache remembering all that.

Star*

call 911........call 911
gvcMom .........Gets an A+

ROFLMBO -
I had my rat out on the floor and laughed so hard he ran and hid. I thank you and Albert thanks you. - Um Not really Albert saying thanks - he's still freaked out.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
You have a rat?! WE used to have a rat... Santa brought her to difficult child 1 -- he named her Squeaky :) She lived to a ripe old age of 3 1/2, when she sadly succumbed to a funky tumor that developed off her back end. Actually, G'ma dispatched her while we were on vacation since the poor critter could barely breathe anymore :(

When I was a kid, I had a pet rat named Martha "Rat" Washington. I have NO idea why I named her that... It was the bicentennial, so maybe that had something to do with it. I LOVED that rat.... sniff.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I had 4 rats - 2 girls and 2 boys - because they should always have a help mate as they are totally social creatures.

Noodles was the first to go - she had a tumor. I think giving birth to 13 in a litter did it! She was not bright or pretty - she was brave.

Jwi - (rat in Korean) was my smart girl. She was a genius - I learned more from her than any other small animal I've ever had. WHen she looked at you she was figuring it all out - she could do the coolest tricks

Mannie was my love - he only loved ME. NEVER anyone else - NEVER EVER. He went everywhere with me - he had a boat for the pool, loved to swim and was the cuddler of them all.

Albert was also a near death rat - (all are rescues) and he's my 3 1/2 lb rat. He looks more like a woodchuck than a rat -

Albert is the only one left. Mannies loss devastated me. All mine lived 2 years nearly to the day so 3.5 years is unheard of - I'm sure you miss Martha too.

Now I have this little "evil" rat named Lola - I was told she was evil and a male. The pet shop gave her to me (saw a s-ucker coming) and she's a Downs Syndrome rat. Wider head, flat expression, large dumbo ears - they call them Dumbo rats but they are missing the same gene in their genetic make up as downs kids. She's sweet, bright and learns very quick - currently having the last of my coffee.

Anything that shows up here wounded or in need gets a fair shake and a good life. If it's wild it's rehabilitated and sent on it's way when mended.

There are a few members here who have rats - the hardest thing about them for me is that they are so loving and I get attached so quick and then they leave in such short time. DF said NO MORE not because of the upkeep he likes them too (which in itself is a miracle) but because it hurts my heart so bad when they go.

I think after Lola - I'm done.

4sumrzn

Wow, s#cks to be me tonight. I enjoy reading your posts & reply once with another smile on my face...not thinking about everything else that has gone on today. Guess, I don't get it!?