Super EASY Peanut butter Fudge!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am fudge challenged. I have tried all kinds of recipes that require cooking on the stove. Never can seem to get them to taste right.

A few years ago I found the best, easiest peanut butter fudge recipe. Alton Brown, host of the show "Good Eats" put it on his site. You do NOT have to stand over the stove, cook it to a certain temperature/stage, and it is ready to serve in a very short period of time. It is literally fool proof.

The ONLY tip that makes it better is to use a new bag of powdered sugar or sift an open one so that you don't get pockets of sugar in the finished product.

If you want you can substitute melted milk chocolate for some of the butter and pbutter. I usually use about 1/2 cup of choc chips, melted and reduce each of the butters by approx 1/8-1/4 cup.

Super Easy PB Fudge

1 c butter or margarine
1 c peanut butter (smooth makes mixing easier)
1 tsp vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar

Put margarine and peanut butter in a 2 quart microwave safe bowl. Cook on high for 2 minutes.

Stir well and microwave on high for another 2 minutes.

Stir in vanilla, then mix in powdered sugar with a wooden spoon (I use the food processor instead.) until mixture is smooth.

Pour into well greased pan and chill for 30-60 min until firm. Cut into 1 inch squares. does NOT have to be stored in fridge unless it will be kept longer than a week.

busywend

I have an easier one, for chocolate fudge.

Pour one bag of chocolate chips in a pan and melt.
As you are melting pour in one small can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
Add 1 tsp vanilla
Stir until smooth over the heat.
Quickly pour into pan as it begins to harden quick and put in fridge. I usually line the pan with wax paper for easy removal from pan.