Super Special Breakfast Recipe - Brown Sugar Glazed Bacon

susiestar

Roll With It
I have the recipe I will cook for our first big bfast in the new house!!!!!

I was watching recipe videos on swagbucks.com for a short break between packing today. I rarely watch anything from Martha Stewart Living, but a few recipes caught my eye. This is on the Martha Stewart Living channel on swagbucks tv, but it isn't Martha cooking.

I don't know who the cook is, but this recipe sounds easy and amazing! We like to dip the bacon in the pancake syrup when we have pancakes and bacon, and this recipe will give that flavor with-o having to actually cook pancakes!

Here is the video clip, but I will also type the recipe out for those who prefer not to watch it http://player.swagbucks.com/free_videos/martha_stewart_living/brownsugar_glazed_bacon/511/137067/

If you are not signed up for swagbucks, it is a site that gives you points for various activities and those points can be used to get gift cards and all sorts of other things. I can send a link if you want to sign up, but it isn't necessary to sign up if all you want is to watch this recipe video.

Brown Sugar Glazed Bacon

1 lb thick cut bacon
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1/3 c light brown sugar, lightly packed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper for easier cleaning (or foil or waxed paper). Put a cooling rack on top of the parchment paper on the cookie sheet. Arrange the bacon in a single layer on the cooling rack. You may need to cookie sheets lined with parchment paper with a cooling rack on each one. Using the cooling rack will let the bacon grease drain off of the bacon as it cooks.

Put the black pepper in your hand and sprinkle it evenly on each piece of bacon. The pepper will give a little bit of a bite to contrast with the salty bacon and the sweet brown sugar. Then sprinkle brown sugar evenly on each piece of bacon.

Put the cookie sheets in the preheated oven. Let them cook for 30-35 min (for thick cut bacon), rotating halfway through. Remove from oven. Enjoy!!!!

My family LOVES bacon. husband and thank you would each happily eat an entire pound if left to their own devices. thank you esp loves to get a bit of syrup to dip it in if we are not having pancakes. This recipe really sounds like meat candy to me, and I am sure my family will completely agree!

I can really see this bacon crumbled and served on a spinach and strawberry salad, or even in a club sandwich!

Enjoy!!!