Support for Duckie, please...

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by tiredmommy, Feb 19, 2007.

1. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Duckie will be going for a fresh round of allergy testing Wednesday morning. We are trying a traditional allergist in the hopes that she will be able to start responding to more standardized treatments. Hopefully we will be able to deep six the rotation diet and "just eat in a healthful manner", lol. She hasn't had a shot since January 21st and no antihistamines since before last Thursday. Unfortunately her allergies are kicking up a bit. Nothing major medical-wise but it is affecting her sleep. Which means the ODD behaviors are back. :sad:
    I'd appreciate some cyber support for my little girl as she goes through this next round of painful testing. :crying: Hopefully the ODD will slip away quickly once treatment is resumed.

2. needabreak

needabreak New Member

you have my support and a prayer any testing on young children can be hard.hope everything works out.

3. amy4129

amy4129 New Member

Poor Duckie...that testing is not fun. My heart goes out to her and you. Saying prayers all goes well.
    Amy

4. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Hoping Duckie gets through these tests with flying colors! :angel:

5. runawaybunny

runawaybunny Guest

{{{Big Hugs}}} to both you and Duckie. I know this is difficult for both of you.

6. Loris

Loris New Member

Sure hope testing goes smoothly and all goes well. Hugs and prayers for you both.

7. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Adding in my prayers and hugs for Duckie and you too.

8. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Wishing you and duckie a smooth appointment and testing - I know it's hard on duckie, but it's hard for mom to watch too. Hugs.

Sharon

9. Janna

Janna New Member

Aww, TM, I'm so sorry.

Positive thoughts and vibes for Duckie. Please do let us know how things go.

I'll be thinking of you guys today.

((((HUGS)))))

Janna

10. jannie

jannie trying to survive....

Hugs to you and Duckie--I hope all goes well during testing. She is one brave little girl--

11. MyGoosesMom

MyGoosesMom New Member

Thinking of you.

12. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Sending good, positive thoughts your way for you and Duckie to get through these test on Weds. Hope it is something they can get to quickly so treatment can take care of the ODD behaviors.

:warrior:

13. On_Call

On_Call New Member

Hugs and good thoughts are being sent out to you and Duckie.

Not a fun thing for anyone to go through - let alone a little one.

14. mum2JK&TH

mum2JK&TH New Member

Poor sweetie, my heart goes out to her, she's a brave little girl!

15. dreamer

dreamer New Member

lotsa hugs- for both of you.
    good luck!

16. smallworld

smallworld Moderator

Sending positive thoughts and many gentle hugs to you and Duckie. Let us know how it goes.

17. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Aw, poor baby! I'm sorry she has to go through all that.

:doctor:

I know it's no picnic, and it's almost as hard on the mom who is watching as it is on the child. But the people who give the tests have it down to such a system and are so good at giving the tests, the trauma is minimized. Both of mine went through all of that when they were younger and both took allergy shots for years. In the long run, it helped my daughter more than my son because she was on them longer. They went one day and had all the tests for environmental allergies, came home with numbered lumps up and down both arms. If he had suspected any food allergies (he didn't) they would have had to return a few weeks later for a second round of tests.

:angel:

Sending big hugs to Duckie and her mama too!

18. KateM

KateM Member

TM,

Sending good wishes for you and Duckie (it's so hard seeing our little one's go through rough times!) Lots of cyber support coming your way! :angel:

19. Sheila

Sheila Moderator

Hoping that all goes well.

20. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

So sorry Duckie has to go through another round of tests. I am hoping for the best possible outcome. -RM