Sure Enough - The Board was Right!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Thank you, Ladies!

A few months ago I posted about having some issues with bloating. (I was thinking ya'll were gonna suggest less salt in my diet or some such)

But instead - the replies said "Get Thee to a Doctor! Possibility of fibroids..."

Well, I went...

and you were right.

Fibroids.

Fun (not!)

But thank you so much! Until it was mentioned here....I was thinking more in terms of a dietary issue...

But after it was brought up on this board - I remembered my mother having issues with bloating...
and choosing to ignore it...
and ignore it...
and ignore it...

Until she ended up in the hospital with fibroids the size of a grapefruit and having a complete hysterectomy.

So now that I know...

I can do something BEFORE they are the size of grapefruits.

Thank you so much for your wisdom and caring...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm glad it was mentioned... I wouldn't even think about it, either!

I'm glad you caught it early on.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I too am glad that you went to the Dr and they caught them early. Aren't you so glad you have this huge network of experience to draw on? I know I am!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad someone thought of it and posted about it. That's what I love about the board. The wealth of experience, knowledge, and information is amazing.

My first thought would've been dietary too. But I've not had experience with fibroids.

Glad you didn't wait on it.

Hugs

busywend

Awesome, truly.

I had fibroids. I had the bloating - but the worst was awful lower back pain. Gone after my hysterectomy.

Good luck with whatever option you choose!

DammitJanet

I had three fibroid's when I had my hysterectomy. One was the size of a grapefruit, one a softball and the last was a lemon. I didnt realize that I had an issue with bloating because of my size, I figured out there was a huge problem when I started having severe bleeding problems.

TerryJ2

Well.
What do you know.
I can't take credit, but I can send you congratulations and quick healing vibes. :)

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I had three fibroid's when I had my hysterectomy. One was the size of a grapefruit, one a softball and the last was a lemon. I didnt realize that I had an issue with bloating because of my size, I figured out there was a huge problem when I started having severe bleeding problems.

That's kind of how it went with my Mom, too...

I remember her complaining about feeling bloated - but she was also putting on a lot of weight due to her terrible eating habits. So it was easy to explain away the bloating with "Oh, I shouldn't have eaten the whole bag of potato chips..." And no one noticed anything unusual because it just looked like regular weight gain.

Then she developed some severe bleeding and was hospitalized after passing out.