Surprise, surprise, surprise...

witzend

Thanks, all. Actually the company is "Google-plex-like" rather than actually Google. He's had the 3 interviews with this company which is in SC, but there is another interview next for a one year contract job in NC. There's also one on Dallas (yuck) that he may interview for next week. It would be difficult to turn down the one year contract if the first one doesn't work out, as they are offering double his current salary, and your cost of living is way lower than ours. But I get nervous about the idea of contract work. We know from husband's current situation that companies that hire that way tend to keep you for years without actually hiring you, and then one day your just gone, so you spend a lot of time worrying about whether you will have a job from month to month. It is quite a shocker to know how much money he COULD be earning somewhere.

The coffee with "B" the former boyfriend went well. I gave him a 10 minute short course on L's childhood and I think it explained why she is the way she is quite a bit for him. Not only had she not told him about the new fiance, she told him that she bought the house that "N" the new fiance bought. I hope for his sake that he didn't put her name on it. B said that they always either exchange the dog by dropping it off to be groomed, or L asks him to meet her in a parking lot somewhere in front of a bar or a hotel and she always wants them to have drinks, and he has refused. He said that she has recently sent him texts saying that she loves him. Of course, she and N have only been together since May, so I don't know what he meant by "recent" and I didn't push. He also said that he would have considered marrying her at the first of their relationship but that as soon as he said "no" the first time she kept pushing it. Apparently they did see a counselor once the last time they were "together" (you may remember that he caught her making out with his best friend in the car in front of their house and it ended up with him slapping L) and L had a seven timeline plan that she brought that started with goals for their relationship beginning that week and went out the seven years with them getting married within so many months and where they would live and she was willing to give up on having children, etc... The counselor told them that L was not living in reality. B told me that L had never really spoken of Dr. C much, and he didn't understand why she would want Dr. C to be her "mom" at the wedding. There was no reason to think that she would want anyone other than me, but once L gets something in her head she won't ever give it up and it won't even matter if you can get her to understand how wrong it is.

So, I was feeling pretty good about that. It helped me to see this is just fantasy thought on L's part, and that she's really not well in the head. I don't feel any better about it happening, but I know that the people who know L know that it really has more to do with something wrong with L than something wrong with me. husband and I were going to go out for music and dinner, and I was getting stuff ready to go and slipped on Oscar's favorite towel, which we gave him when he first came home. It's like his blankey. I ended up doing the splits and slamming my chin into the hardwood floor and splitting it open. husband was on his way home so I called a neighbor to come take me to the ER. This is the neighbor whose son walks the dogs every day, and the wife K was L and M's after school daycare owner when they were young. She never knew how awful they had treated L & I, and I never really let on, other than at one point after they moved into the neighborhood she told me how much my haircut reminded her of L's late ex-stepmother and she knew by my reaction that it was a sore subject. I left it at that.

Anyway, blood was all over the place and S & K's husband R were here. R didn't think it was too bad because I had stopped the immediate bleeding with Oscar's yucky towel. I was trying to make small talk until husband got home, and brought up that maybe we would need their older daughter to stay at our house if we went on vacation this spring. But as soon as I started saying it I realized that we may not need that if we move. And I started bawling. Too much adrenaline. I gave him the basics, and immediately felt so badly that I had said anything at all. I've been very private about what has happened in our parenting lives. No one other than you people here and my own family knows about all of the horror we went through. husband got home within maybe 15 minutes, and took me to the Immediate Care place, which was pretty empty and I ended up with 3 stitches in my chin. I'm pretty sore today. I pulled a muscle in my leg and really slammed my head back hurting my neck. "Friday the 13th", anyone?

buddy

Oh my WORD! You poor thing. You are up you are down... honestly, this would be a little funny if it was not so full of horrible things! I sure hope your neck and muscles stop hurting ... and your chin gets better fast. you went through a ton this past couple of weeks (well for the past many years but you know what I mean). So a huge HUG from MN coming your way! (well, a really gentle pain free hug)