N

Nomad

Be patient.
Take a moment.
Listen.
Wow!
47, no make up...big dreams...and WOW WOW WOW
Brings a smile, a tear, hope..
Something special...what do you think?????

Requires audio...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0I...eature=channel

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI2DxkrgpgQ&feature=channel"]YouTube - Susan Boyle - Cry Me A River - 1999 Recording (From The Scottish Daily Record Newspaper)[/ame]

N

Nomad

Actually, sometimes you have to try it a few times, but this is the one I meant to post...awesome!:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY&feature=channel[/ame]

Star*

call 911........call 911
I WAS ABSOLUTELY FLOORED...........

I haven't been so happy for anyone in such a long time that I didn't know - just to have been able to SHOW the world......and I LOVED the looks on the audiences faces. The smirks, the sneers......and then she opened her mouth on that odd little face with those great big caterpillar eyebrows and suddenly? You could NOT see her face - you could only hear her angelic voice.

WHAT A GIFT!!!!!

UNDERDOGS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N

Nomad

You guys are great!
Abbey...your spork is awesome! I'm getting myself one! ;)
:D

JJJ

I'm sure that alot of you here are among the 35millions+ that have watched Susan Boyle's audition for Britain's Got Talent.

I keep watching the video over and over and I cry every time. The best I could explain it to Piglet is that it is such a privilege to watch a dream come true.

It gives me such hope for all of our late bloomers...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I adore her. Glad to know I'm not the only one who watches the video over and over with tears rolling down my cheeks. Tears of joy and triumph for her.

If they try to turn her into something she's not, I think I'll have to join Abbey and go after them!

Man! She's got a voice to die for!

klmno

I'm really glad that Susan is getting offers- both fro singing and personally. I think they will keep coming- even if she doesn't win. I hope so because here's her competition:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVU4IkzMNIo"]YouTube - Shaheen Jafargholi - 12 Year Old Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009 Ep 2[/ame]

Where have these people been hiding?
I still hope Susan wins, but I hope this boy's and his mom's lives change, too.

Last edited:

rejectedmom

I do not watch TV much these days so it was alot of fun for me to follow these links and listen to the highlighters of a favorite show of mine. Here is my take on the two candidates.

Susan is ablolutely wonderful and her voice just brought tears to my eyes! Her story is wonderful and her triumph is both inspiring and news worthy. I'd buy her first CD for sure! The audience reaction was reminicent of the cell phone retailer of the past shows who sung Opera. No way did anyone think that voice was gong to come out of his mouth. Same with Susan. I can see her doing theater musicals and being very sucessful at it.

Shaneen is wonderful also and he may well go all the way. I do not feel his voice is something that can be relied on because he still has to go through the changes of maturity. It also lacks the cultured maturity and strength that Susan's has. and that is as would be expected due to the difference in age and venue. That said, the tween/teen idol thing is a huge money maker for promoters and recording studios. It will be interesting to see if they go for the youth and vitality of a 12 year old boy or the maturity and gumption of a 47 year old woman. If winning were only based on the voice, I think there is no contest at this point in time. But other factors come into play so it will be interesting to see who the judges choose. -RM

Lothlorien

Even if Susan Boyle doesn't win the show, she has skyrocketed to stardom and hopefully, she'll use this as a stepping stone. I hope she'll find the right agent and actually make some money, instead of just another being just another 15 minute-famer.

klmno

I think I heard that the boy's scores were higher than Susan's- which shocked me. I don't know anything about the show though so I'm not not if that was true or how scoring works- I just saw on the clips that they were all "yeses".

Anyway, my opinion dittos RM's. But, being a single mom of a son who I always thought had a lot of potential (not in singing though), I was impressed and my heart went out to the boy and his mom. Shoot, my son is incarcerated right now- I can't imagine him opening his mouth and a voice like that coming out- especially at just turning 12yo. I was hoping that Susan would win and the boy would still get some offers- enough to keep things afloat and give him voice lessons so he can survive the voice changing a couple of years from now.

Susan could do a couple of different genres, I think. She could do opera, Broadway, and some "pop-ish" slow, love songs, in my humble opinion. But, I think Broadway would be a wonderful fit for her. It's just so inspirational at this point in time it's remarkable.

DDD

Did I miss an inning? Last night he asked me if I had read about Susan's childhood. I replied that I thought she stayed home and cared for her parents. husband said "Susan was deprived of adequate oxogen at birth and as a result she has always been slow. Evidently she was taunted, bullied and teased so badly that her Mom kept her home. Her capacity is below the average."

I read every day and can't believe I missed that whole chapter. With special needs so close to my heart...that's amazing. DDD