Sweet Betsy is a Mommy!

Ms McNear15

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!! Lincoln James was born Sat. 09/15/07 and weighed in at 6 lb 4oz-20 in long. He is a BEAUTIFUL baby and perfect in every way. He looks just like my Sweet Betsy at birth, and is layed back and very content. He actually slept 5 hrs. last nite at only 4 days old. I am amazed and feel SO VERY BLESSED!!

I did miss the labor and delivery as it really went quick. I spoke with Betsy at 10 pm Friday nite and she was having a few contractions, but nothing with a real pattern. She advised me to take a train the next day sometime. At 2:30 am I get the call they are going to the hospital. By 3:30 am., dilated to a 4 and birth at 10:19 am. We were on the train headed to Chicago when I got the call the baby was here.

Betsy did very well with labor and delivery. She did admit she underestimated the pain lol, but handled the entire situation very well. She did develop a fever on Sunday, went to 104 and it was determined she had a kidney infection. Instead of a 24 hr. stay, it ended up a 3 1/2 day stay. She came home yesterday and white blood count had dropped.

She is the most patient I have ever seen her, working on breast feeding and staying calm even when Lincoln is screaming. Her boyfriend commented yesterday that he has already seen such a change in her. We are all proud, to say the least.

She was 12 when we came here. I now have an almost 19 yo who has matured and is an amazing young woman and mother. I couldn't be prouder.

I will post a picture when we get home.

Blessings to All,

Mrs. McNear

What a great post!!! Congratulations!!! Although I don't know anything about what brought you here, I'm so happy Betsy has turned her life around in such a positive way!!! I LOVE hearing about difficult children who become successful in life. It gives me so much hope for all the rest of our difficult children...

I'll be looking forward to seeing the picture of Lincoln James. Thanks so much for the beautiful update. WFEN

lovemysons

Hurry Sweet Julie!

You already know how happy I am for you all. I had to smile at your comment about Betsy underestimating the pain. Did she have time for an epideral or anything. I've already advised our M to have one, but no demoral. I had demoral with one of mine and I regret it.

What a good lil baby Lincoln is...that's terrific that he's sleeping 5 hours at a time already, wow! And 20 inches long...that's longer than any of my babies were, maybe that means he'll be tall?

Sweet Betsy has come along way. I know she will make a terrific mom...she's already had a wonderful example.

with love and care,
Tammy

everywoman

Congrats. A baby is a wonderful blessing. I hope SB continues to mature and grow as she takes on such an enormous task. God bless you all.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope Betsy does as well with motherhood as Nichole has. Sounds like she's off to a great start.

Welcome to the Grandma Club! And HUGE congrats!!!! :smile: :bravo:

Can't wait to see pics of the baby. :smile:

Fran

Former desparate mom
How wonderful for your Sweet Betsy. Sending congratulations to her and to you. She will have you as a great role model.