Sweet Potato Pie recipe

Jena

I have one, i love sweet potatoe pie. I'll get it tmrw i'm on couch blankets covering me lol. sweet potatoe pie is great. difficult child loves it.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Put potatoes in oven at 400' uncovered until soft when squeezed (bout 2 hours)

Scoop out meat of potatoes (2 cups)

Beat 2 eggs, 2 cups baked sweet potatoe mashed, 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 2/3s cup of evaborated milk

Line a pan with pastry (am basically lazy and bought some pastry from the frozen section of the market), scallop the edges, place on a cookie sheet

Put filling in pie pan - wrap the crust which you have scalloped at the edge with tin foil (so it doesn't burn) put in oven thats 350 degrees for 45 min to an hour till knife in middle comes out clean.

I just made this the other day as we did a Costco run and of course you can't buy like 4 potatoes, and SO LOVES sweet potatos. It was really really good (never even tasted it before). We bought some Marshmello topping, but the pie had to cool and be put in the fridge, and it was a whole song and dance to make the topping (not to mention half the pie was gone already.

Am going to do another and hopefully will be able to do the topping.

Marcie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Here is a Southern Sweet Potato Pie...

3 Medium Sweet Potatos/1 lb baked sweet potatoes
1 pie crust
1/2 C sugar
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Ground Allspice
1/4 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/8 Tsp Salt
3 Slightly beaten eggs
1 C Sour Cream/Buttermilk

Prepare your crust - I prefer a graham cracker, however, the recipe calls for a regular pastry crust. Bake it lightly - you want it cooked.

For filling, scoop out baked potato and mash. Add sugar, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, & salt into the potatoes. Add the eggs. Beat lightly either by hand or with a rotary mixer until just combined. Gradually, stir in the sour cream/buttermilk and mix well.

Pour filling into a cooked, cooled crust, smooth out. Bake at 375 F for 25 minutes, with the edges of the crust protected/covered with foil to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil after 25 minutes and continue to bake for another 25-30 minutes or till a knife comes out clean. Cool on rack for 30 minutes and then refrigerate till serving - with whipped cream.

KTMom91

Both recipes look good...since I have lots of sweet potatoes, guess I should try them both. Thanks, ladies!