Synthetic pot and bath salts

Nancy

The law making synthetic pot and bath salts federally illegal is waiting to be signed any day now. Thank goodness. Ohio has made them illegal already, but it's good that it will now be illegal in all states.

Nancy

T

TeDo

It's about time the federal gov't finally figured out what many states, including Minnesota, already know. They aren't stupid but, man oh man, are they slow sometimes.

InsaneCdn

TeDo... that description would also apply to lots of difficult children... wonder if "government" is a bit of a "difficult child"?

Broken_Hearted

This is wonderful news! I also wish hospital would have a test to check for them when teens come in.... Here in my state they don't test for them....I really blame "synthetic pot" on my son's mental downfall - from being on the Olympic soccer developmental team to this... I remeber when I found out he was smoking pot - I told him not too that is wan't good for him ( he was 16 at the time) to which he responded "No it's not real pot it's synthetic - it's better for you"

I had no idea what "synthetic marijuana " was until I read a Time Magazine article about the suicides and use of this drug. Not only do they need to ban it - but I feel a national campaign to inform people about the dangers to educate kids and parents should be also in the works. They did huge campaigns against meth - I think something similar should be done for this. However hopefully by making it illegal - it will be much harder for kids to find.

The law making synthetic pot and bath salts federally illegal is waiting to be signed any day now. Thank goodness. Ohio has made them illegal already, but it's good that it will now be illegal in all states.

Nancy

exhausted

It is illegal here-however I have heard some places are getting away with selling it in other forms? It is super scary as it comes with so many variables. I'm glad the feds are dealing with it as well.