SYTYCD

Kathy813

Staff member
Where's the SYTYCD thread? I guess I'll have to start it.

Can you believe that we have to wait to Monday to find out the results? This is killing me. I have been all over the Internet looking for spoilers and evidently they sent the live audience out of the building at tbe end of the results show before announcing who was voted off so the results couldn't get out before Monday.

So who do you think is going to go? I liked all of the dances from Wednesday night but was again a little disappointed with Lacey and Pasha's solos. I don't want to see any of them go, though. If I had to pick anyone to leave it would be Lauren and Danny.

I hate that the show is almost over! husband asked me last night if I wanted to go to see the tour when it comes to Atlanta. DUH!!

~Kathy

meowbunny

Neil blew me away this time! I just couldn't believe how great he was with Sabra and his solo. I still love Danny but agree his performance wasn't quite there. If I had my druthers, Pasha would go. He was okay but .....

Sabra is still the #1 girl for me. I think it is time for Lauren to go even though I don't like Lacey. Don't know why, she just leaves me cold.

My daughter votes that Lacey and Pasha go.

I personally can't pick a guy to leave. And I've been ready for Lauren to go for a couple weeks now.

So if the results are Monday, when is Hell's Kitchen on? This is important stuff. I want to see if my boy Rock gets his restaurant.

Kathy813

Staff member
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if the results are Monday, when is Hell's Kitchen on? This is important stuff. I want to see if my boy Rock gets his restaurant. </div></div>

What would we do without reality television?:rofl:

I'm upset because I have a graduate class on Mondays. I may have to have someone text the results to me.

~Kathy

DDD

Kathy, you are going to the Dancing With The Stars show AND
the SYTYCD show????????? Wow, you must dream about Fred Astaire!
Are you old enough to even know who Fred Astaire is?? LOL DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
DDD ~ I guess you could just call me a dancing fool. And yes, I am old enough to know who Fred Astaire is although most of his famous movies were made <u>decades</u> before I was born. I do remember him from Finians Rainbow and The Towering Inferno. I also like to watch the old clips of him dancing with Ginger Rogers.

by the way, we aren't the only ones who are dying to find out who is getting kicked off this week. This was posted on the Fox SYTYCD message board:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Monumental Announcement:

Announcing the formation of "The SYTYCD Spoiler Expeditionary Force" - a small group of elite SYTYCD commandos with the training, experience, and nerves-of-steel to travel to Southern California to conduct an extraordinarily high-level investigative mission with a simple objective:

TO FIND OUT WHO GOT KICKED OFF THIS WEEK.

For those who volunteer: Your mission will be extremely difficult. The enemy is well prepared - they talk in strange British accents - they use coded transmissions like "hot tamale train" and "you are SICK" - they obfuscate with decisions that make no sense, like eliminating great dancers from the show . . . You will face obstacles never seen by previous Spoiler Expeditionary Forces.

Yes, your mission will be monumentally challenging, to say the least. But I believe you are up to the task. The eyes of all SYTYCD fans are on you. The curiosity of SYTYCD fans depends on you. You have the preparation, the training, the resources, and the will to succeed - you will not fail.

Now let's go accomplish that mission . . .
</div></div>
:rofl:

~Kathy

Lothlorien

That is too funny Kathy.

I'm completely bummed that we have to wait until Monday. I hate Monday night tv, so at least there is something to look forward too.

What happened to all the good summer shows this year? Not even Tuckerville is on this year. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

This summer, the tv shows kind of stink. The only show that I really look foward to is So You Think You Can Dance.

Pasha's solo was a little awkward and painful to watch, but his couple's dances were great. He surprised me with his Hip Hop.

Lacey's solo was a bit boring.

I think I'm ready for Lauren to go too. I haven't a clue which guy is going. I think it might be Danny. Not that I think he's the one that SHOULD go. He's a phenomenal dancer, but he and Neil have been in the bottom and I don't think Pasha has been ever.

We did not discuss the dances right after they happened. I'm going from memory, and mine does not serve me well at all anymore.

The mannequin dance (Lacey & Pasha) knocked me out. I loved it. That Paso Doble (Neil & Sabra) was hot hot hot, OMG. On that day, I remember thinking that all the couples dances were so good, and now I can't recall Lauren & Danny's dances.

I didn't think Lacey's solo was bad this time, she shook her stuff pretty good. I was disappointed with Danny's. Sabra gets better every week, and so does Neil.

It's anyone's game, as far as I am concerned.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yes, I was sad. I would have preferred Neil to go in his place but since I'm rooting for Danny over all I'm okay with it.

I also think that Pasha is hot hot hot /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hot.gif

I was happy with the girls who stayed.

No clue who will win. I was reading comments from a blog on http://www.tvguide.com last week and it sure sounds like the majority are rooting for Sabra to win the whole shebang. The judges sure sound like they are rooting for her, too.

Suz :dance: :princess: :dance:

Ephchap

At this point in the competition, I'm always sad to see anyone voted off. They are all amazing, in my humble opinion - they are all different, but amazing.

I really do think Danny, Lacey and Sabre are the top 3 dancers from the entire group, so I'm glad they are in the finals. Neil has improved, but I liked Pasha better than him.

Lacey is definitely very talented, but her booty shake into the camera last week during her solo (and that's about the only movement she made) really turned me sour. As some on the Dancing forums say, the sex kitten act with her was wearing on me. I think for that reason, I prefer Sabre, and think Sabre is a much more rounded dancer.

At this point, however, I'll be happy for any of them to win except Neil. I just don't think he's up to par with the other three.

My daughter called me last week when they announced the SYTYCD show coming here to the Detroit area. I'm checking into getting us tickets.

I love, love, love this show. Having the dancers dance different styles and with different partners just amazes me. I was a ballerina for 12 years growing up, but if they'd have given me a partner and told me I had to do the pasa doble or a latin tango or whatever, there's just no way I could have pulled that off. I think this group of the top 10 or 12 has been exceptional.

Deb :princess:

meowbunny

Goooooooooo Sabra!!!! And I still love Danny.

I think Neil deserved to stay. He has made so much improvement and his dances with Sabra were awesome, amazing, phenomenal and HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!! Pasha is very good at the classical stuff and contemporary but I get nothing from his Latin or the hip-hop stuff.

Okay, can someone please explain to me why the hip-hop, crump, et al. male dancers have to constantly check if their family jewels are still there? I am getting so tired of that "dance move."

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I was sad to see Pasha go.....I did think he danced better with a partner though.....

Sabre is my pick for winner....she just dances beautifully with or without a partner......

Lothlorien

I hope Sabra will win too. It's about time that a girl wins this time. I love Lacey too, but I think Sabra is all around a better dancer.

jbrain

Hi All,
I think I am cheering for Sabra to win but who knows--we still have tonight! I was sad to see Pasha go, I thought he was great and I liked his personality. But really they are all great dancers at this point so I can't feel too bad. My 16 yr old dtr has a major crush on Neil so for her sake I am glad he is in the finals plus I like him too. I am not so fond of Lacey--can't warm up to her.

My husband, difficult child 2 and I are going to see the tour in Syracuse--I got on line the minute you could order tickets and it looks like we have great seats. I went last year and it was really fun, expect this year to be even better!

Enjoy watching tonight....

Jane

I thought Danny and Sabra had the best two solos. I could not pick one over the other.

The first number was darling.

Most of the pair ups were a disappointment for the final show. Sabra & Lacey's number was SO stupid. I know it was not their fault, what a shame. The bigger shame in my opinion was that Sabra and Danny never paired up before tonight. That was about as hot as I ever saw a couple dance.
My favorite pairing up of the night was...Danny and Neil! That was just too frickin cool. How is it that these guys look even more masculine when they put on ruffles and eyeliner?

I can't even pick who I want to win.

Lothlorien

I actually did like the number with Sabra and Lacey. Wade's numbers are touch and go with me; some are really amazing and some stink, but I did "get it" though. I can't pick just one, each one of them are amazing dancers.

DDD

I'm not into the program like you guys but I did watch most of it
last night and have seen a few other episodes. The dancing is
terrific and diverse so I've enjoyed it. One thing I don't understand is how Lacey dresses. She looks short in the first
place and then at the end last night that dress "hung" down to
her calves. She is a good dancer but she looked like a waif from
the l930's. Why? DDD