T.L. how was Wm's visit?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
3D, thanks for asking.

Our visit was an hour long - wm was supervised by his mental health worker (who also looks like a retired marine). The rules were explained to wm very carefully & wm had to write them down to remember. (Visits will increase in length of time if he continues to do well ~ the glitch being kt coming home from treatment.)

Other than wm being very antsy he did well. I had the firepit going by the time he got here - we had a tour of the house & then went out back to check the garden. wm recognized the flowers he had picked out & proceeded to water them. After that we sat around the fire pit talked & had s'mores.

wm struggled to sit still & that was fine. He wanted to explore but was limited to certain areas of the house. I found the afghan I had knitted him a few years back in the winter gear I've been washing. I gave that to him to take back home.

wm did good. I was a nervous wreck but settled down after a bit & enjoyed my son's company.

mstang67chic

Going Green
It may be small baby steps but the boy is getting there! I know he'll never live in the "family" home again but when I think back to where he was back when I first joined this board.....this visit is quite an accomplishment!!! I'm happy for you both!!!

Lori4ever

That's fantastic! I'm so glad you were both able to enjoy it and have a nice time. I'm sure he was also thrilled to take something of his with him that will serve to remind him of you. Thrilled for you both!

Lothlorien

I'm glad the visit went well. This was his first time in your house in a long, long time, hasn't it? I hope he continues to do well and you can visit with him more without it being stressful.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you ladies - all in all it was a pleasant time with my son. He wants to come back in 2 weeks & help me spread mulch & rake the yard.

Somehow, if this becomes a regular thing I will have to find a safe way for the tweedles to be in the same place at the same time. I know it's a ways off yet given the circumstances it will need to be addressed at this time in treatment.

I'm keeping fingers crossed that we can do this on a biweekly basis.

Andy

I am glad things went well. Next time will be a bit easier on both of you. I think it is great to have a project to work on together - gives you both a focus to work as a team on.

bramblewoodbabydoll

Ambiguous Witch
T.L.
Im new to the board and have not given a proper intro for myself but I wanted to say that I read about your impending visit the other day and I'm really glad to hear it was a good visit. I dont know any of the history or your story but I still felt for you.
~ brambles

LittleDudesMom

Linda,

I'm so glad to hear the visit went well and wm behaved appropriately! These are the kind of times you and wm need together to rebond after the last couple years of struggles.

I think having wm come back for another hour (seems like a good amount of time - not too long - where he can maintain) and spreading mulch with you is a great idea. It may give him a little boost in confidence to know that he helped his mom.

Hugs,
Sharon

busywend

TL - great news! I am so happy for you to have had a nice visit with wm. In the future, maybe kt could be on respite during wm's visits. Nothing to worry about now though.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I would think that future visits would still involve staff of some sort. Whether for Wm, Kt or both. They have always been well supervised at previous visits so I would think this could happen at Wm's visits to the house also. I know it's probably a bit more complex than that but I think it will work out. And if it looks like it could be an issue....like Busy said...maybe Kt could be at respite or have girl time with her own staff.