Taffy's gone

TerryJ2

We had to put Taffy down today. We were going to do it Tues., but easy child called me at difficult children' game (which was postponed due to thunder) and in a shaky voice, told me that Taffy had bloody diarrhea. We decided to put her down now, rather than have her spend her last 3 days having pills shoved down her throat. husband met us at the emergency vet.
God, that was hard.
Taffy is now buried on the hill next to the boat path, along with-Gorby and Caeli. (Stoli's ashes were scattered in the back yard.)
Starbucks has been whining all day. He has colitis, as well (I wonder what they got into?) and I think he is now totally blind. He used to be able to see light, dark and shapes, but now he's bumping into everything, and just lying down all the time and whining.
He may sense that Taffy is gone, too.
I'm going to try to sleep late tomorrow and not put anything on my schedule.

Andy

I am sure Starbucks knows Taffy is gone. I hope you are able to sleep in for as long as you need to tomorrow morning. Hard enough to know it is coming but to have it happen sooner than expected is very tough.

How are you and the rest of the family doing?

witzend

I'm sorry, Terry. That's really hard for everyone, especially easy child for having to make that decision to call.

Does this mean that the kitties come out of the garage?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww, Terry. That is so hard on all involved. Hugs to Taffy. Hope she is in doggy heaven and feeling good.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so very sorry. I hope you can sleep in as long as you need to tomorrow.

Maybe you and difficult child can pick out a rose bush or something to plant in Taffy's memory. It might help all of you grieve.

Gentle hugs to the entire family.

TerryJ2

Thank you all.
No one got any sleep. Starbucks whined and cried all night long. easy child got me up at 5 a.m. and I took over from there and locked him in the guest rm with-me.
I took hiim outside about an hr ago and he had a normal bowel movement (yaaay!) so I don't know if that's what's bothering him.
He is slamming into everything, so I'm keeping him on a leash, and also using his collar a lot, and using my voice and snapping my fingers.
He ate a little bit this a.m., and drank water, but he's definitely not his happy self.

So much for sleeping in.

I can't decide whether to take him to the emergency vet, or maybe just give him a Xanax?

Marguerite

I'm so sorry you had to put Taffy down. Of course Starbucks will be grieving. The best thing you can do for him (and you probably know this) is to keep his environment as familiar as possible. Avoid moving furniture around, even a chair or a stool. Leash him and walk him slowly around the room to keep him familiarised to the layout.

I'm not sure how he will cope with the kittens and vice versa - perhaps the sooner you introducwe them, the better. But do it while you're holding him to reassure him that these kittens are not a threat to him in any way. Nor are they food!

Siamese are beautiful, I love them. But they can be VERY challenging, they are very smart and always looking for something to stimulate them. They can get very mischievous, you need to avoid boredom because otherwise they can trash the place.

The points - it's based on the colour. The smoky blue-grey are the seal point, the brown are the chocolate point.

You won't be able to keep them hidden for long, they have a very loud miaow! It's a Siamese/Burmese thing...

Marg

Andy

Maybe a call to the vet just to see what they think. I believe Starbucks is grieving and the vet may have some suggestions on to help with that. However, if there is also anything physical going on, you want to address that. A vet may be able to determine over the phone if you should have an ER vet visit.

I hope you can find time for a nap today.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm so sorry. I was in that position last summer and while we all know logically that it's the best thing, there's no more pain, yadda yadda yadda......logic doesn't always help the heart. Hugs to you all.

BusynMember

Furbabies are so precious to us. I will send her my prayers. She is at peace now, crossing the rainbow bridge with all her other cat friends.

Yes, take it easy today. I'm so sorry.