Taking deep breaths....

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My DEX became husband of the year after 10 years or whatever when he knew it was over. It was actually kinda hard to boot him at that point, cause he cooked and cleaned and did everything...but I knew it wouldn't last.

And it hasn't. He's exactly like he was when he walked out however long ago that was.

So msg to your husband....

Too little, too late, honey.

Go abb.

Abbey

Spork Queen
So msg to your husband....

Too little, too late, honey.

You got it, Shari. I can't deny that he's making many changes but the damage has been done. It only took 16 years to get to that point for me, but I guess I'm not as forgiving as I thought I was.

Another thing that was discussed in our group meeting was the past. H's reply is always 'you can't change the past...get over it.' Well, I can't. They talked extensively about how you have to deal with the past before you can move on. I don't think he liked that a whole lot. Dealing with the past means looking inward at yourself.

Abbey

klmno

It's sounds like you've got your head on straight and are now committed to doing what is right for you, making good plans, and taking caare of yourself. Good for you!! I was hoping that your H might at least get enough out of going with you to help him be more accepting of you doing what you need to do. I see that didn't happen. Oh well- I guess he'll have to find his own answers in hind-sight.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Personally regarding pasts? I like what the warthog Pumba in the Lion King says to the meerkat, Timon.

You can always put your past in your behind

Yeah - that was so well said.

M

ML

I think you're awesome, Abbey. Please keep honoring your instincts and feelings and never let a man, or anyone, bring you down. Forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves. But it doesn't mean allowing people do keep hurting us. If someone is truly sorry and makes amends that's one thing. But if they hurt us deeply it takes time, a lot of time frankly, for them to regain our trust. Thinking of you, ML