Taking husband to psychiatric hospital

crazymama30

So the treatment center from hades is done with. I am going to pick husband up this morning with a close friend, a brother really just not by blood. husband has now been wavering on what he is going to do, and I could use all the prayers and thoughts you could give. I don't know if he will end up in psychiatric hospital or if I will end up making an appointment with an attorney, as his choices are psychiatric hospital to wait for a bed at the other treatment center, or divorce. It could get nasty.

idohope

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope it goes well and that the brother/friend provides the help and support you need to get thru this immediate situation with husband and that there is peace in the long term as well.

DDD

Finding the right program is so stressful for everyone. You're doing the very best you can and I admire your tenacity.
Fingers crossed that there is a positive resolution soon. Hugs. DDD

crazymama30

DDD, I think at this point I just need the next step to be completed, whatever it may be. I hope he chooses psychiatric hospital, but then he has to stay there 2 to 3 weeks waiting for a bed at the treatment center

DDD

As awful as the situation is for you I am positive you will feel best in retrospect knowing in your heart that you did every thing possible to get him help. I imagine you would like to jump in the car and take off alone into the sunset. Eventually, however, is you do end up alone you will have no reason to think "what if I" or "did I do" etc. You will flat out know in your gut "I did do everything in my power and this is the result". I'm really rooting you on with great admiration. DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending LOTS of hugs and prayers and support and strength! This is so hard, and you are an amazing life partner to him. I hope and pray that he makes wise choices and works hard to beat the addictions.

pepperidge

Hi-Hope the transferred happened and that it wasn't too fraught with drama and trauma. Sounds from what you described that he needs some psychiatrist input so maybe the psychiatrist hospital will get him a bit straigthened out. Is it local or will you have to travel? And maybe a bed will open up sooner in the other facility. Hope he chooses to go down the road of health. Good for you sticking to your plan, as hard as it must be.

nvts

CM! I've got you in my prayers...I'm living a lot of what you're going through...whether or not he makes the right decision is on him, the fallout will be yours, but you're strong and we're here to listen!

Beth

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hopefully the support person who's accompanying you will be a positive influence towards getting husband to agree to psychiatric hospital -- I think that would be the more prudent choice, the choice that will help him in his recovery and the healing of his family. The divorce doesn't solve anything for him, though it may seem easier to him.

Prayers and hugs... keep us posted!