Taking time out

maril

I am having a not-so-good couple of months. Things are particulary stressful for our family of late, including problems difficult child has been having and the impact it has had on him and the family. One big plus is that due to his crisis, there is (finally) effective intervention in place.

Family working together with hope for a better tomorrow is a blessing I must count. Making myself count my blessings is one way in which I try to cope and stay with the program. I notice also that exercising (in particular, walking) and getting involved in activities that interest me are of some help. My kids are older (one grown daughter and difficult child is 17) so I have to branch out a bit and continue to detach somewhat.

Up until the last couple of years, I denied myself down time or getting involved in things I was interested in, due to taking care of my family as well as working outside the home; of course, I could have chosen to take time out here and there. Many years ago, a friend had warned me that this is not a good way to live, i.e., never taking time out -- it would catch up with me -- and there is some truth to her admonition. I now wholeheartedly believe that everyone needs time to regroup and rethink things in order to be truly effective and to protect their well being.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Easier said than done for most of us. But it is true. Sadly most of us, realize this when we are about to have a nervous breakdown!

Good for you for having some you time.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Or when they slam down a jar of apples and shatter it...

Those jars really aren't easy to break....