Talking about simple things!

DammitJanet

I was just perusing the board today...can we say bored? And I did a search on an old members name. I was shocked to find some old posts brought up from the archives that were mine...but had this persons name in them. Whats really funny...in that old home week way...is to see all the old names I havent even thought about in years! Looking at the date on the post it appears that it was made in 2000!

It just made my day.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmmmmmmmmm...........was TMom there??? :rofl:

So? How do you do a search like that? I might need some entertainment when I'm bored. :D

DammitJanet

LOL...no...I didnt see you there Lisa. Actually I was doing a search for Blondie because I was trying to find out when Pico died. I was shocked to find out that Pico isnt registered anymore! I figured that name would be taken so no one could ever take it again...kinda like retiring a jersey...lol.

When I did the advanced search on the name Blondie...up popped a bunch of posts...and one of them was my old one about rules for the home. On that one was a ton of people like babblecon (paula), Carol, Sandie in SC, and a bunch more...including Pico and Blondie.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. Yep. I remember them too. I'm a bit surprised about the Pico username, too. I figured after all this time of not seeing anyone use it that it got "retired". Guess that's what we get for assuming. lol

Abbey

Spork Queen
My best guess is that when the site was turned over the last time lots of those old records are either archived or lost. I don't even know the date, but it was a LONG time ago. Shoot...Pico was with us a good 11+ years ago.

Actually, Fran could probably give you a good time frame as I was turning over the site to her literally when she passed.:( I have none of my records here, but maybe Fran does. That doesn't tell us her start date, but give or take a few years on the back end...

Blondie was on here not long ago. I'll see if I can find her email.

Remember...Pico has a star named after her in honor from the board. That should be a retired name.

Abbey

DammitJanet

I know Fran took over the board in 2001...and I was thinking that Pico passed away right around then during the holidays.

I know exactly the year fran took over...lol. Was a memorable time. You know I dont do change well.

Blondies email is on the board...it came up when I searched. I dont know why I got to thinking about all this today...just thinking I guess about old times and old names. People we havent seen in a coons age.

DammitJanet

Ya know...thinking about this...and yes I am talking to myself...lol. I know I havent read the homepage to this website but the "old" home page had the information about how this site was started.

When I joined in early 99...I think it was Jan 99, there were just a tad over 500 members here. I think you had owned the site a couple of years at that point because you grew it out of Mamabears site. Speaking of her, does anyone ever hear from her anymore? I remember seeing her on the site about 4 years or so ago I think...maybe? Anyway...I remember seeing CD.com mentioned on Oprah, in books, on state websites in the resources sections. I remember when Dr. Riley used to come and post.

Ok...boy do I feel old!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Fran was at my house when the site was turned over and the day that Pico passed away. I have no idea the year as my paperwork is in Vegas, but it was many years ago. The powers that be sent us a new star. Pico would be proud. (read between the lines here)

Yes, 500 members was great! Then...Columbine happened, sad to say. I went from 500 to a couple thousand in days. I hope in the end we have all helped a bunch of stranded, frustrated parents.

I have searched for Mommabear for years and found nothing of her. My guess is she is lurking. Last contact with her has been a good 7 years ago. (Come out, come out Mammabear!!!) There is something about this place that you can't let go even if you don't have difficult child's anymore. Maybe it's called friends.

But, when you run the site, you not only take on your own personal issues, you take on thousands of others. It takes a toll. Fran and Cheryl have done a wonderful job. It's not for money. It's for help and support.

Dr. Riley? He is such a wonderful, sensitive guy. How sweet of him to visit and post on this site.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well in our case - the coon would be non-existent, and therefor in no need of a birthday party.

Except for that monster that chased DF across the field when he was using a walker after surgery - Haven't seen many. But the dogs make sure birds don't even get in the yard. :(