Tammy/Lovemysons

Mattsmom277

Wondering about young difficult child. It was his surgery today I believe? When you have a moment, please update us. Been sending prayers, good vibes, healing vibes, all day.
xo M.

lovemysons

Awww, thank you for the prayers and good vibes...Yall are sweethearts.

Well, as it turns out, after doing what they call an EP study...which is where they put "eloctrodes in from the groin to the heart" they did NOT feel it necessary to put a pacemaker in at this time. However, they did feel it necessary to put in/implant a Heart Monitor...so he did have a surgery of sorts and spent the night in the hospital.

I felt so bad cause I wasn't there for him as soon as he got out of surgery. And I was the first one he asked for..."Where is my mom" when he came to and his wife was there. See, the kids had gotten up early yesterday morning to take off for the hospital but didn't have enough time to drop Joey off at Mindy's mom's house so I took care of Joey through the day. My mom finally arrived at my house around 5pm and she, Joey and I headed out for the hospital then.

When I came in to see him he had all these tubes everywhere...ekg, monitors etc. He was in alot of pain and they had been giving him Demoral but apparently it was not doing the trick.

He said he could have the heart monitor in his chest for up to 4 years. He also said that it will have some kind of button for him to push and will measure heart activity can also deliver an elec shock if needed. All of this info is via young difficult child as I STILL have not talked to an actual dr about his condition and whats going on.

He will come home today. Not sure how Mindy's going to be able to handle taking care of young difficult child while he recoups plus Joey. I may have to go over and pick him up/bring him back here at my home.

Oh, the heart monitor is supposed to be able to tell the docs at some point either what kind of pacemaker he will need in the future or what kind of medicine.

Thank you again for all the kind thoughts and prayers.
You all are good friends to have.
Love,
Tammy

everywoman

Tammy, hopefully this will allow the doctors. to see what they need to do. And if young difficult child continues to choose to use/abuse drugs or alcohol, he will see the affect they have on his heart. Hugs. It's hard when they need you, and your youngest is so much like mine...he needs more than my others do, but then refuses to use my help to better himself.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs))) Tammy.

I will continue to pray that this becomes a wake up call to difficult child and that docs can see what needs to be done and treat the condition properly.

Mattsmom277

Hopefully he'll feel better quickly from his procedure. The monitor thing may well be a way for him to see effect of certain "choices" as something concrete, not just words. Maybe when he is to docs for check ups on his monitor, he'll hear its not a good reading and he'll relate it to recent behaviours. Or he'll get a good report and realize that he hadn't been doing anything he shouldn't. And begin to piece together that what he chooses in his life will affect his health. He has a son to stay strong and healthy for. This could be a very very good thing for him actually!!!!!!!!
I think it would have been good to speak with the doctor, I understand how you were unable to be there for that though. Maybe you could offer to go to check up appointment with him and then ask a few questions ;)

lovemysons

I hope this is a wake up call too.

He just seems to have so many issues these days related to his health. He's really not the same as when he first entered the Army. He has come back broken it seems and regularly feeling like something is wrong with him. I have said it in jest somewhat but really I believe young difficult child has Bipolar disorder and continues to look for EVERYTHING but that as the source of his "disontentment" ya know.
I'm not saying there aren't real heart issues...but it seems like it's more than that these days as often as he is at ER or hospital/doctors trying to find out whats wrong.

Thank you again for the hugs and prayers. It's always comfort to come here and find others are thinking of you and care.

Love and hugs back,
Tammy