Taz update

mstang67chic

Going Green
We didn't do it. Hubs couldn't do it without trying one more thing. He talked to the vet this morning and decided to do a cortisone shot and new pain pills for a few days. I THINK husband is doing this until Sunday night when he has a couple of consecutive days off so he can spend more time with him.

I completely understand his thinking but I had myself prepared to do this and now I have to do it again. Neither one of us wants Taz to go through anymore pain but husband just can't bring himself to do it yet and I won't do it by myself. Hopefully this shot gives him a few good days.

And thank you all SO much for your words and thoughts on the other thread. They really mean a lot.

Oh and Star? LMBO Never really thought of the teeth thing quite like that!

Suz, I'll make sure he finds Molly. Lots of {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} for you tonight.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(TAZ SMILING BIG) with 2 sets of teeth tonight.

HOPING THIS GIVES YOU THE TIME YOU NEED TO LOVE HIM LOTS MORE. AND for him to be out of pain.

Maybe a dog sling? Wheeled cart for rear ends that don't work? Is husband handy? Google wheeled dog carts.

TerryJ2

Aww. It is so hard. I know the feeling.

Problem is, I chickened out with-two of our dogs and husband will still not forgive me. One was a collie who was blind, deaf and had rear leg issues. She broke more lamps and furniture than I can recall. She'd get up in the middle of the night and wander, probably looking for a place to go potty, and we'd hear crashes and then find her, in a pile of doo-doo, underneath a tipped over table. Poor thing. It finally got past the point of no return and we did the inevitable She was happy to the end and we were using her temperament as a guide to whether we should let her go.

The other was my male borzoi, who was on his third bout of pneumonia. I had made an appointment and then cancelled it, because he rallied. I have since learned that both animals and humans rally at the end, just a few hrs b4 they die. It's like the body's last burst of energy. He died on the floor of the back hall while we ate dinner. husband was ticked because he said I let him suffer too much. (Great, pile on the guilt. HE could have made the appointment.)

At any rate, that is all to say I know exactly how you and your husband feel. You'll know when the time is right and you will do it with love.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I can certainly understand your last minute change of heart. I was spared that uncertainty because Molly had a dreadful day yesterday, making it all the more apparent how ill she was.

I expect the decision will be more difficult with Chelsea because she sounds like she's in the same boat as your Taz. Chelsea's hind area is a mess because of her ACL problems but her attitude is always positive, making it all the more confusing.

I hope this treatment helps your Taz. He sounds like a great old guy.

Hugs,
Suz