Teachers - need a little help....

LittleDudesMom

Well, parents can help too...

I messed up this year for the first time and did nothing for difficult child's teachers for teacher appreciation week. I always do a little something for the teachers at Christmas and TA week. I know the teachers appreciate the effort especially because high school teachers are often the most overlooked...

So, next week is the final week of school and I want to do a little something. difficult child made homemade haystacks for his teachers at Christmas so I was thinking about purchasing something rather than making food.

He has 8 teachers. Any suggestions on a "little something" to show my thanks? I've got company in town all weekend (starting Friday mid-day) so I'm not going to have any time this weekend to make anything. It really needs to be something little I can purchase.

Would love some feedback.

Thanks!

*Sharon

S

Signorina

Once my kids were out of "single teacher" classrooms, I did a food gift to the teachers lounge. A tray of bagels, a basket of muffins or quick breads, specialty coffee creamers, fruit tray etc. It was far more economical that even individual coffee cards - especially if there are 8 teachers. $80 would be an amazing tray but $40 or less buys a lovely tray of goodies. I think one year, I did it for around $20 .I always included a big card with my kids' picture and a "thank you for all that you do" note from "student name & family". It always received raves and it was nice because it was well appreciated by both current and past teachers and support staff. I always received multiple thank you emails and notes.

InsaneCdn

I tend to do a "grab bag" concept... take a cheap good-sized coffee mug, and stuff it full of teacher-stock: mini-pens, various sizes and shapes of post-it-notes or small shaped note pads, mini-highlighters, small erasers. They either use them, or give away to the kids... but most teachers buy that stuff out of their own pockets and don't mind being "restocked".

I was going to say that also. I love a Starbucks treat but never buy it unless I have a gift card. The teacher will love that, trust me.

LittleDudesMom

Signorina, if I did a goodie tray in the teacher's lounge, I would have to make sure I had enough for 85 (teachers, admin, guidance, support staff, custodial, kitchen workers, etc..........). As a PTA, we always do a special teacher appreciation luncheon for all - I wanted this to be more personal.

InsaneCdn, I actually did something like that a few years in a row when difficult child and easy child were younger. I bought a bunch of those little weekly pill boxes, took out the am/pm dividers, and filled each section with little "desk supplies" like paperclips, post-it, push pins, etc.

I will do the coffee cards with a little note. I was kinda thinking about Starbucks cards and, while I'm not a big gift card person, maybe with a little thank you note it will be more personal.

Thanks all!

Sharon