Technical question

Estherfromjerusalem

I suppose I must be very stupid, because I remember when the format of the board changed that there were many questions and I thought it wouldn't make a difference if I could see avatars etc.

Well, I was wrong!

What happened was, for some reason (it happens occasionally) when I opened up the board which I usually do every evening, I was not "logged on." Usually when this happens I run to get my address book, where I keep my password, but this time I just couldn't be bothered, so I thought I would come and visit until I really felt I had to post. I enjoyed it very much, because when I am logged in I can't see the avatars and the little biographical details at the end of each person's post, and suddenly there were all the avatars, and they were very entertaining.

I logged on because I wanted to reply to Steph's post on "general." So, since I am already here (to stay!), could someone please guide me (in simple language, please) how to be logged on and still see all those avatars and personal bios.

Thank you very much.

Love, Esther

trinityroyal

Hello Esther,
It's not stupidity at all. When the format changed, a number of the controls for viewing the discussions changed as well. Here's what you need to do.

1. Ensure that you are at the top of the page.
2. In the top left-hand corner, click User CP.
3. On the left-hand side of the User CP page, scroll down until you find Settings and Options. Click the link.
4. Scroll down the page until you find a section labelled Thread Viewing options.
5. In this section, you will find check boxes for viewing signatures, avatars and images. Make sure that all 3 boxes are checked.
6. Save your changes.

Hope this helps,

Trinity

Estherfromjerusalem

Hey, Trinity -- IT WORKED!

Thank you so much.

I did exactly what you said, and saved it. Then left the board, and re-opened it, and the stuff is all there.

Now I have to change my "bio" to put in my extra grandchildren!

Lovely!

Thank you.

Love, Esther