Teed Off

N

Nomad

Other than goofing off at this website :redface:, lately I haven't taken the time to do much of anything...especially watch the news. However, I have heard about the Tiger Woods "incident." Are we allowed to talk about this? What have you heard? What are your thoughts?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I haven't heard all sides, but my feeling is that when something like this breaks the news the way it did, there has to be at least some truth to it. I personally am disgusted at what behaviors are deemed acceptable by some married persons, male or female, famous or no.

I have some other thoughts, but I don't think I'd be allowed to voice them here!

DammitJanet

I personally dont think there is anything to it that is the public's business. The "other" woman from the Enquirer has come out and said whatever they published is untrue. I dont think the Enquirer is a place one should get factual info anyway.

The known facts are that Tiger left his house at roughly 2:30 am. He has a large estate and drove down the driveway. He got into an accident at the end of that driveway by running into a fire hydrant and a tree. According to police, no alcohol or drugs were involved. The neighbor whose tree was involved is not upset. The wife beat the windows out supposedly to get to Tiger.

This is a matter between Tiger and his wife. If they had a fight and Tiger left to get away from her, so be it. He obviously wasnt interested in going to the cops about it. We cant make him. Plenty of people fight. Just because he is Tiger Woods doesnt mean we have the right to be inside his life 24/7. If he doesnt want to talk about it, its ok. He did what he had to do about the accident. He reported it and dealt with it. He got a ticket and will pay the fine just like every other citizen. Case over.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Personally, the private lives of celebrities are just that. THEIR private lives and I think it's stupid when the news is saturated with these kinds of stories.

But, with that said.....LOL

I haven't heard much about the other woman and don't really know that end of the story. Even before I heard anything about that, I figured Tiger and his wife had a fight, he went to leave and she beat the &*%$ out of his car with a golf club.

But yes....it's their business, doesn't affect anyone else and as far as the news goes....WHO CARES???

klmno

I agree with Janet on this. I heard that some were trying to get police to consider criminal charges but I can't see for what. Criminal charges wouldn't have been appropriate unless the cops arrived and found that he'd beaten his wife, was carrying around drugs or a child, etc. The government is already crossing too many lines trying to tell people how to live their lives, as far as I'm concerned. As far as any argument or infidelity, it happens all the time and it's a marital issue, in my humble opinion.

witzend

Well, it seems that there was something to the story of his having some sort of involvement with another woman. Honestly, I can't see how it's any of our business. He plays golf for our entertainment. His private life should be his own. After all, it's not like he was pulling a Lindsay Lohan and flaunting his stupidity. I feel badly for his family.

N

Nomad

Just read the statement at Yahoo news and thought it was done well.

Perhaps what intrigued me so about the whole thing, is that I had family and friends sooooo curious about it. I think I was MORE curious about their curiosity than anything.

It DOES bother me that the media goes out of their way to get the intimate details of someones private lives.

As somewhat of a public figure, he does lose a certain amount of privacy. The media has a legal right to inquire and he has little legal recourse, esp. if they are honest and don't break the law.

It's bad enough to be in the public eye like this...but all the details seems like an incredible invasion of privacy, way overdone and hurtful.

DammitJanet

I heard Chris Rock say something on TV last night that made perfect sense to me about this whole thing. He was being asked about this whole Tiger Woods episode and he looked right back at the reporter and said..."arent you supposed to report the news? Or are you supposed to make up the news?"

A fender bender is NOT news. Heck, he isnt even gonna turn it into his insurance company! That is pocket change for him. A traffic ticket isnt news. Goodness if everyone who got a traffic ticket was in the news, we wouldnt have time on the TV for any other television shows!