Teen Group?

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by weaselqt, Aug 21, 2007.

1. weaselqt

weaselqt New Member

Is there any source for these difficult child teens who do not do drugs or drink alcohol? or just one for conduct disorders? I thinking along the lines of group therapy - how they can all relate to each other? Just wondering if anyone could help.

2. gottaloveem

gottaloveem Active Member

I don't know of any. Have you tried googling teen support groups?

3. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Maybe his therapist holds group therapy sessions or would be willing to? My difficult child's therapist will put together a group of her patients (split by boys and girls) of the same age for group sessions.

4. C.J.

C.J. New Member

Ditto what wyntersgrace had to say. N*'s psychiatrist holds a weekly session for teens. There are some kids who attend who have some substance abuse issues, but their sessions are not exclusively focused on recovery - they have other groups for that. They talk about peer pressure, school issues, family troubles, sexual abuse, dealing with ADD/ADHD, ODD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and other mental health issues. If your psychiatrist/therapist doesn't offer one, certainly they are aware of a local group where you can be referred.