Teenager violent towards young sibling

ctrlfreak

Hello, i hope someone can steer me in the right direction. i have an almost-14 year old who is diagnosed with Asperger's, bipolar, ODD, and ADHD. He's always had trouble keeping his temper in check. This morning, while I was in the shower, my four year old apparently scratched my fourteen year old's face...I'm not sure why, what prompted it...but the fourteen year old scratched him back - also on the face!

What do I do? I'm frankly tired of walking on eggshells around my son, I have no control in my own house, and I'm ready to give up.

P

PatriotsGirl

Welcome - sorry you had to find this board, too. It's not a fun position to be in. I just caught something in your post that is such a common theme in our homes with these kids - walking on eggshells and no control. Quite frankly I am so tired of living like this!! Is he in some sort of counseling or treatment?

ctrlfreak

Welcome - sorry you had to find this board, too. It's not a fun position to be in. I just caught something in your post that is such a common theme in our homes with these kids - walking on eggshells and no control. Quite frankly I am so tired of living like this!! Is he in some sort of counseling or treatment?

Thank you for your response. Yes, he's been in treatment since he was four, to no avail, and has been hospitalized twice. Nothing seems to work with him; he thinks he's invincible and will always "come out on top". To him, he doesn't have any 'bosses', as he likes to call parents/teachers. But, we do have the younger child to think about now, and I don't want him to suffer.

BusynMember

Is he on medication? ADHD/ODD is often a misdiagnosis. Do you have any mood disorders in your family? How was his early development? Does he know how to socialize with his same age peers?