Television commercials that make you laugh.....or cry

donna723

We left St. Louis when I was a teenager but most of my family still lives there. I visit when I can but not nearly enough!

Jabberwockey

I don't know about a favorite although there have been several years that I only watched the Super Bowl for the commercials. My least favorite Lil should already know. Anybody remember the Pepto Bismol commercials from around ten or so years ago when they showed various characters doing what I refer to as the diarrhea dance? I have IB with diarrhea and to this day would LOVE to meet the ad exec who thought this was a good idea just so I can punch him in the face then force feed him a very large glass of habanero pepper juice and a pound of prunes so he can see just how amusing severe stomach cramps and diarrhea really is. Bastard.

For the record, I say Him because no woman would make an ad that insulting towards something so similar to PMS. This one has idiotic man written all over it.

BusynMember

Lil, I usually know the puppy ads, but don't remember the Clysdale one. What did the dog do?

I used to love the Traveler's dog. I forgot his name. For a while I was a friend on his Facebook page, but I don't know if I still am as I deleted a ton of Face Bookers and don't use it. The dog was so SMART. The theme was that Travelers does nice things for you and for some reason this really smart dog, who turned out to be a humane society mutt rescue, was doing all these kind things to his owner...giving him slippers, putting toys away, all sorts of things (wish I could remember it better. I think I'm moitvated enough to check out YouTube.) Be back hoopefully with that advertisment. Just loved that doggy. He was in an antidepressant commercial too. I think it was Abilify. He dropped his ball in front of his owner, but she was too depressed to throw it, but, of course, after taking Abilfy, at the end of the commerical, he was chasing balls. Got to do this or it will drive me nuts at 3am this morning!

Lil

I used to love the Roaming Gnome. But that may just be because I love garden gnomes. I even have two I painted in a ceramic's class with my mom. Yeah...embarrassing. lol

AppleCori

Oh, that is partly why I love the Free Range Chicken commercial.

Years ago there was a story about a family whose garden gnome statuette disappeared from their front yard.

Then they started getting pics of the gnome. In one, he was tanning on the beach. Another, hiking the grand canyon, and on and on.

Then, one day, he was just home again.

Love the story!

Jabberwockey

Was looking on Youtube for one of my favorites, the baby in the stroller speeding through the house, and ran across the E-trade baby. Had forgotten about those. Started off kind of stupid but some were pretty damned funny!