Tell me if I'm nuts

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
I have to go with the others...
This is a VERY bad idea!!!
1) you need to take care of you (and potentially husband first)... you need to work on what you need to work on with that relationship with out having to worry about difficult child
2) in my humble opinion hes not ready for co-habitation.... what happens if relationship goes south?? will he fall back?? he needs to take this slowly and enjoy the "courting" part of the relationship..
3) Living at home with you???? Now that IS FUNNY!!
you will soon get a blast from the past after the newness of being with girlfriend and mommy wears off..... all the reasons you said NO WAY to him ever coming back home will resurface.....
Then what will you do, if you need to throw him back out.. do you REALY want to go back through all the guilt/anger/pain etc of that separation again...
I really believe you need to nix this one..
but that is my 2cents..
Hugs.. and courage..
Warrior mom
Paula

That is exactly right. When my son comes home, sometimes even for a short visit, I take the co-dependent parent role and it drives me crazy. I immediately start trying to help him fix his life my way. It is not good for him or me. I know it is so hard and sometimes it doesnt make any sense.

hearthope

Sorry Karen I have not been in the watercooler and had no idea.

I say no.

For all the reasons stated before me.

I will go to the watercooler,

Traci

KFld

Thank you for setting me straight before I made a bad decision. I always know I can count on all of you. husband and I were civil enough to each other tonight for me to ask him if he thought we should still help difficult child and girlfriend out with part of a security deposit and he said absoluteley yes. difficult child has been in the soberhouse for almost a year now and has really proven himself. This relationship seems like such a positive thing so we are going to give it a chance. If it doesn't work out he can always go back to the soberhouse. We both feel she is such a positive influence on his life and that if they want to live together, then it's something we will support. The rent won't be much more then what he is paying on his own right now, so if they don't work out, he should be able to stay there.

Thank you all again. Without you I probably would have made a huge mistake and acted before thinking it through.

DDD

"Without you I probably would have made a huge mistake and acted
before"........Come On Girl! :rofl: You are one sharp cookie
and would not have hastily made a major decision.

I happen to know from our long cyber friendship that you are
"Pretty as a picture" "sharp as a tack" "smart as a whip" and
a whole bunch more! :smile:

You're doing great, my friend. I'm proud of you. DDD

PS: I'm not sure what all those sayings are called, lol. Are they metaphors? Whatever to heck they are, my Daddy used them
all the time and they are on target! Besides...they make me smile!

Jen

That is so nice and generous of you but dont you need to be a little selfishj, think of yourself and get your emotions thought out for you and your hubby.

Of course men always thinks so diff. then woment, maybe your difficult child and girlfriend, can share the expense with husband, and when you 2 get things striaghtend out, the kids could take over the apt?

Jen

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DDD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Without you I probably would have made a huge mistake and acted
before"........Come On Girl! :rofl: You are one sharp cookie
and would not have hastily made a major decision.

I happen to know from our long cyber friendship that you are
"Pretty as a picture" "sharp as a tack" "smart as a whip" and
a whole bunch more! :smile:

You're doing great, my friend. I'm proud of you. DDD

PS: I'm not sure what all those sayings are called, lol. Are they metaphors? Whatever to heck they are, my Daddy used them
all the time and they are on target! Besides...they make me smile! </div></div>

Well they certainly made me smile!!! Thank you.