Test results are in

flutterby

Fly away!
After waiting 2 months, and my doctor's office pulling the lab reports and faxing them to the endocrinologist with a note to call me....

Negative for Cushing's.

Back to square one. I told my doctor's office that I want to go back to a neurologist to check for neuromuscular disorders because of the profound muscle weakness and muscle fatigue.

But, I think I'm done searching for answers. I'm too tired and drained to keep doing this.

everywoman

Heather, I'm sorry. I know you were hoping to find some answers. Hugs. I know before I got my thyroid diagnosis., I couldn't understand the bizarre symptoms I was having. I hope you can find some relief soon.

flutterby

Fly away!
Thank you, EW.

You know, it just is what it is. I have to accept the fact that we may not know for a very long time exactly what is going on - if ever.

This constant searching and hoping for answers is just too draining and I need to focus that energy elsewhere. Right now my daughter really needs me and that will take all the inner resources I have!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, Heather I'm so sorry. :( I was so hoping this last batch of test ect would finally give you some much needed answers.

This constant searching and hoping for answers is just too draining and I need to focus that energy elsewhere.

So very true. It's hard now days to imagine that there are many illnesses out there that docs simply haven't a clue what they are, the cause, or even how to treat it because we've made such advances in medicine.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Heather,

I'm glad the results were negative, but in a way I wish you could have gotten an answer. I know how frustrating it is to be looking on and on and on and not being able to find out.

I'm pushing this up to my personal higher power and asking him to rattle his beads for an answer. So you don't have to search any more.

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Star*

call 911........call 911
Heather,

Oh honey I am so sorry. I had everything crossed that this would be the final result giving you the answers that you needed to finally start on your path to feeling well. I know you must be devastated. The good news is that it is NOT Cushings.

I know that this is probably way way out there, and I know that you are probably sick to tears of everyone throwing their own diagnoses at you BUT have you considered seeing or tried a dietitian? (do not throw daggers please - one because I am too big to move fast and second because until you kill me hear me out)

If you had told me a month ago that a diet change would have helped me get out of bed in the morning - I would have also thrown daggers at you. But I've done four things differently and it's actually helping me. I stopped all sugars. I'm on very limited starches, I am drinking only water, and I don't eat a single thing after 7:00. The doctor tested my sugars and found I'm borderline diabetic. Which I'm sure has nothing to do with you and it had very little to do with my DF but he also could hardly move, aches all the time, and since he's doing this with me - now can move better, gets up in the morning and isn't so tired, achey, and actually has energy. I do too.

I don't know if it would help but when you have a friend that is in pain or someone you care about - you throw anything out there. I don't know if you saw my post about oh sure - but he's lost 7 lbs - 10 now - and feels so much better than he has in years. I don't feel 100% better but I have a little more energy than I have had.

Like I said - I'm not a doctor - I'm not even medically inclined, but I hate it so bad for you - that you hurt and you've tried so many things and you still hurt and it's not fair - so I'm thinking "Well ......what's in her water? What is she eating? Could she be eating something that is making her in so much pain?"

I don't know hon - I'm just so so sorry - that you are hurting so much.

Just wanted to throw it out there for consideration before I tell you to get Radon sensors for your home and send your water to the local co-op to be tested for heavy metals. Which may not be a bad idea you know?

Wishing you better health - hugs & prayers
Star

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Just a side note about the diabetes - I have a very good friend who used to be extremely emotional, suicidal, intense. It was a roller coaster trying to keep up with him. Even the paxil and zoloft didn't help much. Then he was diagnosed as diabetic... And he is so much more mellow now. It's more like a stroll through the park on a beautiful day than a roller coaster ride. Oh - and he's got sleep apnea - so the CPAP machine likely helps too.

So it's very significant that little things can do a LOT to you. I was having perimenopause symptoms - the doctor figured out that it was stress and depression - I got put on Lexapro - and they went away. And I like myself better, too!