Testing the delete option

Sara PA

I'm am now going to attempt to make this post disappear.

I've failed. There is no option to delete the first post in a thread.

You can delete other posts by clicking on Edit then Go Advanced. There you will see the delete option. You can, of course, delete only your own posts.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok, Sara...this is like a visual watching of the radio/TV announcement that there is a test of the emergency broadcast system. ;)

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wellllll... she posted this (I'm pretty sure) because of an earlier post of mine where I'd started a thread but wanted to delete it and didn't know how to do it. So looks like there's just no way to do it, short of a moderator going in and manually doing it. :)

witzend

You know, if there aren't any responses, you can just edit the text. The mods are good with deleting a thread you've started, though, if you ask.

dreamer

could you simply use "edit" and erase everything? maybe type in just one character, then, and have that be your "edit" and thus the post disappears, but leaves no real post?

Lothlorien

Cheryl told the mods that if you just delete a post, it can still be accessed out there, somehow, in the cyberspace world. If there are posts that you want gone, let one of the mods know and we can contain them, so that no one will have access to them.