TGIF - Good Friday morning

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends! :coffee:

Can you believe it's Friday already? :smile: Seems like it should be Wednesday or something, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Nothing much going on here today - kt's in home therapist is making an appearance - the holidays have really messed with that schedule. This has been the very first effective in home therapist we've worked with so missing days has been difficult for kt.

I'm finally on the last of my filing/organizing papers & such for last year & the new year. I think I've taught husband not to spread the mail (specifically important mail addressed just to him) all over the house (more specifically his very messy office). I pretty much have last year's important paperwork sorted & filed. Now it's scanning all the reports/staffings from kt & wm to CD or DVD. That's been a high priority for me.

It's to be a warm day - mid 20's with sunshine today. I'll be sorting & scanning in my kitchen with the 5 big windows (to enjoy the sunshine) & a big area to spread out.

Have a good Friday - sending positive thoughts for cooperative difficult children & a calm, peaceful household. :flower:

LittleDudesMom

:cold: Good Chilly Free Choice Friday Morning :cold:

Linda, whether if feels like Wednesday or not I'm taking Friday!!! Good for you to be only four days into the new year and already organized. It's a great way to start the year!

It's only 16 degrees here :sled: which is as cold as cold gets around here. But to give you the southern perspective, we will be at 57 tomorrow and the mid 60's by Monday. Just not sure I'll get my snow this year :blizzard:

I've got a pretty busy day. I'll start out after dropping off difficult child with a run to the grocer. Then I"ll hit the house and make sure everything is put away for my cleaning crew who arrive about 10:30. Once they get here, I'll run out to Khols - difficult child has sprouted up a bit and his jeans are looking a little dorky at his ankles :rofl: so I'll pick up a couple in the next size. Then it's off to Best Buy. I am just about ready to purchase a new computer for difficult child. He's using our old household computer and it needs updating really bad. I've been waiting for bonehead to do it - he's been saying he will for months and months.

It's gotten to the point where it's more trouble than it's worth with the lock ups an such. I would love to get him a lap top, but he is such a gamer. The power and memory I would need to purchase would be way too expensive in a laptop.

By the time I finish that stuff, it will be time to pick up. difficult child is bringing a friend home to play after school. Thank goodness it's Friday!

Have a great Friday all :smile:

Sharon

Marguerite

Enjoy your 'warm' day, Linda. Sounds like a good day for getting that sort of paperwork done - still too cold to do much outside, but plenty of light coming in the windows to see what you are doing.

I had a somewhat productive day today also. I dropped in to see a client, who had been chasing me by email to give her an account for work I did on her book (published a few months ago). I tentatively gave her an account and she made me take it back - I didn't charge her enough, she said! Plus she's giving me more work and referring me to her friends - very welcome! I spent two hours with her, going over some new work and discussing her next project. Last year (2007) was a busy year for me - two books to publication, plus another re-worked for reprints. Maybe I should be charging more!

I dropped the upgraded account in to her on the way to another session at the beach (she lives overlooking the beach). The waves were very rough but the water was warm. We could see the clouds moving in, rain is forecast for the next week. Heavy seas are pounding the east coast and beaches are closed, but as ours is more sheltered it was safer. I'm going to have to go back to contact lenses though. I can't risk losing my glasses in the surf.

I noticed difficult child 3 is starting to look more brown - better than his previous pasty white.

Tomorrow - it all depends on the weather. Will it rain? So many times before, it's been forecast but nothing has happened.

Whatever happens, tomorrow will be full of activity.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

tammyjh

Good morning,
Another cold one here this morning as well. Its below zero yet again...-6 :cold: Its supposed to start warming up a bit tomorrow though :smile:

The kids are waiting for their rides and if my 2 yr. old is still sleeping when they go, I just might crawl back into bed and snuggle with him :sleeping:

Hope you all have a good day :smile:

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

Linda, I guess 20 degrees must seem warm given the freezing weather you've had. How about heading my way? I definitely could use some help organizing the stacks of paper around here!!! I promise to make lots and lots of :coffee:.

Sharon, I hope after your BUSY day, you get to enjoy a peaceful evening :bath:...

Marg, From reading about your productive day, it sounds like you're feeling better.:flower: I hope so!!!

Tammy, Crawling back into bed for a few extra zzz's :sleeping: sounds like a great idea!!! I'll think warm thoughts for you - 2 below zero:cold: is just much too cold :blizzard:!!!

Today I have a bunch of phone calls to make regarding appointments for difficult child 2. I'm trying to get him a speech/lang evaluation at a local autism clinic. The one done by the school was garbage!!!:grrr: I'm also trying to find another agency that provides free help dealing with school issues. The wonderful person who was helping me is no longer working as an advocate/educational consultant. I think she is burnt out. I can understand why!!! I've also been calling every human service agency in my area - difficult child 2 needs much more help with social skills than he receives in school.

Also, we will be having difficult child 2's Transition Plan IEP meeting soon. I really don't believe that the school is going to provide him with all of the help he needs regarding Integrated Listening Systems (ILS). I'm hoping I can find an outside source to help. I truly believe difficult child 2 needs to be in a special school that deals with autistic kids but know realistically that I don't have money to fight the SD. It's so FRUSTRATING!!! I HATE my SD!!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

I also have a few errands to run and want to call husband's aunt. She is getting more and more frail lately. Then I have to pick up difficult children at school.

The good news is that I don't have much planned for this evening. I'm hoping for a peaceful, quiet one... :bath: :pet: :cool-dog:

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :flower: WFEN

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Wish I was as organized as you! Glad to hear kt has an effective in home therapist and that kt will get to see her today! We're going to be even warmer than you today-we're going to hit 31! :smile:

Sharon-We're warmer than you right now-we're at 20! However, we won't catch up with you in the 50s and 60s. Sounds like a busy day-hurry to the store-poor difficult child with pants at his ankles :rofl:

Marg-Sounds like it was a very good day for you! :dance:

Tammy-I hope you get to go back under those covers! :sleeping:

WFEN-Sounds like a day where you need on your polished WM outfit! Wishing you luck your day is productive and your evening a quiet one! :bath:

Last night I started a new book-Water for Elephants-it's really good so far. This is the fourth book I'm reading over break :reading: Do I have to go back to work?

Last true day of vacation today-although I don't go back to work til Monday! We will go to the club this morning :smile:It is supposed to be a weights day but I woke up a few hours ago with a knot or kink in my back and every time I move the pain shoots! Even deep breaths are hurting. I may just have to do a cardio.

This afternoon difficult child has back to back to back psychiatrist and neuro-psychiatric appts. At some point either before or after I am planning a nap. As for tonight I'm not sure-maybe I'll see if husband wants to see a movie (actually he always wants to see a movie-it's me who has to decide).

Wishing everyone a day filled with peace