TGIF & Good morning!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:coffee: :smile:

What more can I say? It's Friday & I don't have to set an alarm until January 2nd, 2008!!! :bravo:

Today is in home therapist & Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker for kt. I'm planning on kt & husband making dinner tonight - I've been warned it's going to be beans & wienies. Fine with me as long as I don't have to cook. I'm content to skip dinner & watch them eat their beans & wienies. As long as I don't have to plan, shop for it or cook it tonight. :crazy: :smile:

I have 4 deliveries for Christmas expected today. I'm hoping they all get here before kt gets home from school. Three are coming in UPS - I would think it would come on the same truck however I don't know the loading of these vehicles.

Enjoy your Friday. I hope your home is filled with peace & love & that your difficult children are cooperative & safe today.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-How cool not to have to set an alarm clock til 08! I'm not there just yet as I have to work at WW tomorrow morning but then I'm right there with you. Of course, it would be nice if difficult child would actually decide to sleep in some morning! I don't blame you for skipping dinner of beans and wienies. Not up my alley either!

This is how I'm feeling about today. :princess: :dance: :whew:Yeah, it's finally Friday and after today it is two weeks of no school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just have to share that at difficult child's therapist appointment. last night he was a regular giggling machine. I haven't seen him that way in a long time. He was in a really good mood and laughing appropriately about things-it was nice!

Today at work it's a movie for another class and mine (reward for collecting so much food for the food drive) and then the teachers in my room will challenge the students to a trivia game. There are kid and adult questions-should be fun!

After work it's off to the health club as once again due to difficult child's wrestling we didn't make it. It's hard to motivate myself at 9:15 at night. I hope to get to bed early tonight!

I hope everyone has a peaceful Friday :rudolph:

LittleDudesMom

:rudolph: :gingerbread: :santa: :snowman: Good Morning!

Linda, beans and weanies..whatever - as long as you don't have to cook!! You could ask them to open you a nice can of soup instead! Hope the :xgift: arrive before kt gets home!!!!

Sharon, yippeeeee :sled:, it's your last day of work before holiday vacation!!!!! Glad that difficult child was cooperative at the doctor last night. Enjoy your last day.

My cleaning group comes about 10 this morning. Nice to have everything really clean before Christmas! easy child is actually doing the grocery shopping for me this morning. I told her I wanted to get my nails done and she said "how about we ride together, I go in and get my brows done, then I'll do the shopping while you are getting your nails done" :thumb: Wow, Ok, I'll take that........

She is entertaining her "boy" tonight. Her friend and her boyfriend are coming as well. She is making Christmas cookies for dessert and she will decide what to cook this morning. I suggested some holiday finger foods. They are all celebrating Christmas (translation, giving each other their gifts) tonight. difficult child is so excited!!!

Not sure what difficult child and I will get into tonight. I'll check with him to see if he has any suggestions!

Wishing all a great Friday!!

:gingerbread:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, I'm glad the alarm clock is off until next year. You need a break.

Sharon I, it's funny when our kids get the giggles. difficult child 3's laugh is so infectious; so if difficult child 1's. Watching them 'get' a joke is 90% of the fun of telling it.

Sharon II, good luck with your cleaning day. And it's lovely for easy child to do the grocery shopping for you, that was lovely. Which reminds me, I have to do another grocrey shop before Christmas, I think...

Last day of the school year for us today. difficult child 3 didn't take much persuading to get on with schoolwork - I was amazed. I didn't make him do bookwork, though, I let him use the computer programs and the Mathletics website instead. Then in the early afternoon when we drove difficult child 1 to the ferry so he could go see girlfriend, difficult child 3 & I went on to go to the beach for a swim. The water was lovely, not too rough either. But difficult child 3 worries about skin cancer (thanks to a barrage of 'heavy' advertising that now ironically has health authorities concerned that Aussie kids are missing out on Vitamin D!) So we were only at the beach for an hour. His shoulders are a little pink tonight, but it's the first decent sun he's had in months, he looks pasty, thin and ill and NEEDS a little sun.

I made a large lasagne for tea tonight and then we took difficult child 3 round the village looking at Christmas lights. We're going to do it again maybe tomorrow, so difficult child 3 can take better photos of the pretty lights.

After a clear, still sunny day, there is a severe weather warning out tonight - a storm and gale warning. I've been watching the online radar display, at first it looked like the heavy weather, coming across inland (unusual) wasn't getting over the Blue Mountains, but now I can see it's made it through and will be here in another couple of hours. It's still going to be a hot night despite this. The next few days - rain and storms forecast. We're now well into La Niña which for us is bringing rain and warm seas. The drought is not officially broken in our state, but they expect to be able to announce it after a few more months of this.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

K

Kjs

Good first day of winter to all of you. Days begin to get longer starting tomorrow! difficult child's last day of school and then vacation. oh, the things we are grateful for!

And 102 school days left! Chipping away, one day at a time.

Have a great first day of winter. (35 degrees here and rain)

happymomof2

Good Morning, I agree with the dinner - it's always good if I don't have to cook it and clean up after it.

difficult child went to work with dad today. Taking easy child to school only 1/2 day.

I am also hoping not to need to set my alarm until 1/8 when the kids go back.

Hope you all have a No Meltdown Friday!

P.S. Forgot to mention - Meeting with-difficult children PB officer went well yesterday. He tested him - all negative. I really didn't doubt that because difficult child has not been out of my sight unless with-church group for a month! Also I should not have to make that 45 min. drive anymore. The officer will be coming to school to visit him.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning everyone. :xmasdec: We are in the last push before in laws come tomorrow.
easy child arrived and it's lovely to see him and how much he has matured.
We made cookies last night. :snowman:

It's a hectic day so I can't stay long but I wanted to say good morning and happy holidays. :elf:

M

ML

Happy Holidays to all of you!! I have to work today but then I'm with Linda, no clock till 1/2/08!!

You are all a bright spot in my life. Thank you for being here.

Love,

MicheleL